Noise gate for Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
what is a good quality rack noise gate/ reducer that works well with a Triaxis? I know the ISP Decimator is supposed to be good, but it's too expensive.

Thanks

gunslinger said:
Hush II CX
Hush Super C

I used both with mine and worked great.

I agree 100%......another fairly inexpensive solution for me was to run a DBX compressor gate/expander in the effects loop and use it as gate/hush unit. it does a fabulous job and i think i paid less than $150 for it.

I use a Boss NS-2 before the TriAxis, which works very well. Plus it has a handy send/return loop which can mute any compression/wah/etc units you have before the triaxis.

I also use a G-Force effects after the triaxis and I set the gate on this to cut any extra noise that might be coming from the triaxis when not playing the guitar.

dr.indiflidual said:
I use a Boss NS-2 before the TriAxis, which works very well. Plus it has a handy send/return loop which can mute any compression/wah/etc units you have before the triaxis.

I also use a G-Force effects after the triaxis and I set the gate on this to cut any extra noise that might be coming from the triaxis when not playing the guitar.

ironically enough....i also use the Boass ns-2 as well before the triaxis....i'm primarily a studio guy and the triaixs must be tamed with a mic in front of it!!!

Does it make a big difference whether the noise suppressor goes before or after the Triaxis? If I decided I like the Triaxis, I am probably going to buy a G-Major which has a noise gate built in. Has anyone tried the ISP Decimator pedal?
Are the Rocktron units transparent, or do they change your tone a bit?
I am pretty new to the rack and effects processor set up. I have always been a head and pedal kind of guy, so I'm trying to gain as much knowledge as possible to have great sounding gear.

jhguitar1 said:
Does it make a big difference whether the noise suppressor goes before or after the Triaxis? If I decided I like the Triaxis, I am probably going to buy a G-Major which has a noise gate built in. Has anyone tried the ISP Decimator pedal?
Are the Rocktron units transparent, or do they change your tone a bit?
I am pretty new to the rack and effects processor set up. I have always been a head and pedal kind of guy, so I'm trying to gain as much knowledge as possible to have great sounding gear.

you'll find many different opinons on here whether or not the Rocktron's are transparent. When I had my hush unit i noticed a very slight change in my tone but in my humble opinion it was worth it to keep the noise out of the system. i would suggest that whatever form of noise suppression you use that use the absolute bare minimum required to keep your rig under control.

For my Triaxis, I use the Rocktron Pro Hush. It's great because it's midi programmable, so you can have different settings for different channels. It works really well because you can have a real tight gate for heavy distortion, then a much lower setting for lower distortion settings, or even clean sounds. I'm not sure how people do it with other noise gates since they aren't programmable. However, they don't make them anymore, so you'd have to pick one up used.

Noob here and don;t know if it applys. But on my g-force the noise gate is really weak and not very good. I am going for a rocktron super hush for my TA. :)

Do i have to press the +4db/-10db buttons on the ISP Decimator?

Latest posts

Back