Noise gate for Stilleto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLBoogie

Reaction score
Anyone using a noisegate to calm the white noise on the gain channel while your not playing? My Stilleo Duece can make quite alot of noise when the gain is turned up in the higher gain modes. I assume everyone gets this noise since it is a high gain amp but must be a good method to control it.

Yes, the hush pedal needs to be turned off clean for the notes to decay right.

The ISP decimator was made by the creators of the hush. It fixes this problem. its transparent and doesnt need to be turned off when you go to clean.

My decimator works great for me.

I use an ISP Decimator in the effects loop of my Lonestar Classic and it does the trick. I have mine on all the time and is set at about 10-11:00 and haven't noticed any issues on my clean channel.

I use a BOSS NS-2 as the last thing into my chain leading into my Stiletto and it does the trick. I typically run on the "Tite Gain" mode with my Maxon OD808 boosting for that hot rodded Marshall type sound.

injected said:
Yes, the hush pedal needs to be turned off clean for the notes to decay right.

The ISP decimator was made by the creators of the hush. It fixes this problem. its transparent and doesnt need to be turned off when you go to clean.

My decimator works great for me.

+1. I use the Decimator last in my chain set to around -45db (around 10 o'clock). I don't use the loop and like the Decimator in the signal chain as it quiets the amp plus single coil hum on the front end.

If you place the gate with pedals going into the front of the amp does it stop all the hissing noise coming from the preamp? I thought it would be the same as just turning your volume knob on your guitar if put that way which leaves all the high gain preamp noise coming through, was thinking that is why it needed to go to the loop section to gate the preamp from the power section. Please correct me if wrong

You are correct that in order to eliminate the noise you're dealing with is to place the Decimator, or other noise gate, in your effects loop. Placing it anywhere in the effects chain into the front of the amp simply can't affect anything after that point.

Latest posts

Back