No reverb on my Rectoverb!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ESP-Dude

Reaction score
I got my used (not much) rectoverb last week, and when trying it out I can't find the reverb sound anywhere. I have tried with and without the pedal, turning the knobs from no reverb to full reverb plenty of times. I can't hear the reverb at all. What is going on? Searching the forum finding people with the same problem, can I chech some things out, hopefully discover it's fault?

Could be the springs dettached during transit although not that likely. Could be it is not plugged up or maybe corroded? Check the rear right (looking at the rear) and make sure a small and large RCA type connector is plugged to the chassis. Also check the connection to the tank itself. If you know someone with a RoV ask to borrow their tank for testing. It's pretty easy to take out... Good luck!

I had exactly the same problem with my combo a couple of weeks ago.

I took the tank out and there was a small electrical wire that had come loose,all in all about 15 minutes work including removing and refitting the tank.Hopefully thats whats wrong with yours as it an easy fix.

Thanks for answer guys. Sorry for not specifying it out, it's a Mesa Rectoverb Combo (version 2). I am pretty nervous taking anything out of the amp before knowing exactly stepwise how it's done. Anyone want to give me a quick fill inn? I opened the back, and did not see cables going in to the chassi. But I discovered two phono inputs up to the right, without cables inn them. Is this how it should be`? Is the reverb tank the one to the right ( looking at the rear)?

Two phono cables on the right are where the tank is supposed to plug up. The tank SHOULD be in the bottom of the combo. It looks like a big black pouch held in by a strap with one screw on one end of it. If the tank is not there then that is most certainly your problem! If it is there then try to locate the two cables. One will be a smaller connector than the other. The larger of the two goes in the phono input closest to the rear of the amp.

Let us know...

I bought the amp on ebay, it was shipped over to me in Norway. I found a loose screew in my mesa boogie, it fitted a strap. I tought it was for the footswitch or something, never conisidered it. But after talking to you guys, I am informed that this is where the reverb tank should be located. The dude I bought the amp from insist that he heard springs when it left him, the amp whent over sea in a downlocked container, and no one had access to it over the sea. What a nightmare. The amp works great otherwise. Ahhhrg, the humanity... :x

What cost a new reverb tank from mesa boogie?

Not sure the cost direct from Mesa, but I know a new tank from Accutronics without the bag is about $40 shipped. I'd contact the seller and tell him the tank is definitely not there. Him hearing the springs is BS!

I have confronted the seller with the no reverb tank problem, he insists on the tank beiing there when he shipped it, I doubt it. It will probably end with me buying a new tank. Probably buy it from accutronics. Does anyone have the right number for the tank that fits mesa boogie rectoverb version 2 ?

How long should it go between tube changes? There are some Fender GT 6L6B in the amp right now, are they useable?

I have confronted the seller with the no reverb tank problem, he insists on the tank beiing there when he shipped it, I doubt it. It will probably end with me buying a new tank. Probably buy it from accutronics. Does anyone have the right number for the tank that fits mesa boogie rectoverb version 2 ?

How long should it go between tube changes? There are some Fender GT 6L6B in the amp right now, are they useable?

If no one has the part number for the tank handy then i'll try to get into mine and see what the number is.

As for the tubes - it depends on how old and how much they are used. They can last from 6 months to 5+ years depending on use. If they sound good then leave them be. Not sure about the Fender branded tubes. They are relabeled most likely. I've got some tubes for sale if you want to try some different 6L6s!

Adam

Did you pay with Paypal?

I'd file a dispute for the cost of a new reverb tank. It will only be like $50 or so, but you can certainly make the jackass seller's life more difficult while the dispute is being resolved.

Latest posts

Back