No load question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robson780

Reaction score
Yesterday at band practice I had the master on my 2 channel Dual Rec up pretty high (around 1:30) and played for a couple hours with no problems. Then right at the end, I noticed the sound fizzle out. I hit a chord or two after it cut out before I ceased playing. I stood there for a second wondering what was up, before I realized that the speaker cable vibrated its tip out of the cab's jack. I then quickly fired the amp on standby, plugged the cable back in.

When I took it back off standby, it seemed fine.. no obvious changes in tone or anything. No smells... The cable was out of the jack for maybe 10-15 seconds.. did I get lucky or will there be problems down the road? I have heard that Mesas are a bit more resilient than other amps.

Well the cab has these really nice Neutrik jacks, so I can't exactly tighten them.. I think it was the speaker cable ends. Plus, I discovered the jack plate itself wasn't fully tightened down, so I'm sure it was vibrating 10x more than it should while I was playing.

no lock washer on the jack?

I don't normally believe in high dollar cables too much, but it is worth buying a better speaker cable, like the heavier duty kind the pro sound & light shop might sell.

Back