NGD!!!!! yes i know this is the mark v forum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyrexia

Reaction score
but I hang out here the most. and Harmony Central is going on a week of downtime :eek:

Check This ***** Out!

silverburst.JPG

Nice! A friend of mine has one just like that. He loves it. I've played it before, but he keeps the action too high. Totally ruins it IMO!

Nice pick pouch on your key ring. I've always wanted one, but don't like bulky items in my pockets.

Yeah, It works great until it comes open when you're unlocking your car at 3:00 and 10 picks go flying in a six foot radius ;)

Thanks for comments guys. I paid this off Saturday and played it Saturday night. It's lighter than my Elitist which is kinda nice. It also seemed to attract the ladies better than my sunburst guitar. :shock: 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

Cool guitar Victor. Is that an ebony fretboard and binding (like a custom) with the crown inlays (like a standard)? Which neck profile does it have? I am so used to my old '60s neck goldtop, that the "other" profile seems almost alien to me. :lol:

I'm guessing that's one of these:

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP%20Classic%20Custom%20Silverburst/

They had a few seriously killer guitars-of-the-week in '07. :mrgreen: I had one of these for a while:

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP%5FClassic%5FCustom%2DWeek%5F28/

Dead sexy... but I couldn't bond with the skinny neck. :(

I wish I'd been able to find one of these:

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/SG%20%5F61%5FReissue%2DWeek37/

Good Eye, Jimmy. :D

That P90 Les Paul is awesome. We have a '54 Custom VOS at work that is very similar to that guitar.

--

Yes, my guitar is like a Custom:
-Triple Binding on top, neck, headstock
-Ebony Board

and like a Classic:
-no back binding
-trapezoid inlays

and it has a 57 Classic and Classic Plus. 60's neck. My elitist has a 50s neck. And this guitar is probably a pound and a half lighter than the Elitist (which is a solid block of mahogany, where this is weight relieved)

phyrexia said:
Good Eye, Jimmy. :D

That P90 Les Paul is awesome. We have a '54 Custom VOS at work that is very similar to that guitar.

--
I let the P90 Classic Custom go when I stumbled upon a '54 Custom available semi-locally. :lol: Mine is from '01, so it's gloss finish rather than VOS, has an un-dyed fretboard rather than the dyed ebony they use now, etc... and it weighs a tonne! Almost as much as my '78 LP Standard. :shock:

DSC00047.jpg

phyrexia said:
I only envy your custom shop headstock inlay. ;)
Well... that silverburst is gorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgeous! :mrgreen: My apologies for semi-hijacking your thread.

I'm still searching for a guitar with a chunky neck and humbuckers that don't make me want to hurl... years of searching, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for. 8)

Latest posts

Back