Next Vintage Boogie Purchase.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
Ok starting to think about my next Boogie.

Loving the Mark III and havent turned back. Played a Gig with it this weekend and just had way superior tone than anything I've heard in a while (Including Dumble Clones).

Originaly I was thinking of picking up a DC-5 but after hearing one next my Mark III a number of times lately I dont think thats what I'm looking for. Wouldnt mind having another Mark III but at think I want something a little different.

I am setting here thinking about an original Mark I 60 watter. I could hit one of those with Pedals and get some really good tones I'm sure.

Any suggestions?

Not really after any of the Modern Boogies except maybe a reissue Mark I.

I played Joey B's Mark I and it was quite magical, although it was a 100W amp with EQ.

The reissues are quite nice too, but the originals are, well, original.

I kind of want a IIB.

You might give an early IIA a try. These amps are very under rated IMHO. In a previous post one member articulated the difference between the Mark IV and Mark III nicely, stating the III wasn't racing as fast as the IV. Well the IIA I have steps down the speed from the III and has a unique voice all its own. I am equally fond of both of these amps. I routinely run my IIA and III simultaneously using the IIA for my clean sound and the III for a heavier rhythm or lead. Great sounding amps!

carlosasi said:
You might give an early IIA a try. These amps are very under rated IMHO. In a previous post one member articulated the difference between the Mark IV and Mark III nicely, stating the III wasn't racing as fast as the IV. Well the IIA I have steps down the speed from the III and has a unique voice all its own. I am equally fond of both of these amps. I routinely run my IIA and III simultaneously using the IIA for my clean sound and the III for a heavier rhythm or lead. Great sounding amps!

I really havent had time to think about it but Man, just think two of em going off at one time. That would be sweet. I have not ruled out one of the Mark II's. Though for some reason (not sure why) it seems cooler to me when I think of coming up with an original Mark I.

Though if I came across the right deal in the right Mark II in great shape I might jump on it. 8)

phyrexia said:
I played Joey B's Mark I and it was quite magical, although it was a 100W amp with EQ.

And a MkIIC+ style reverb, for sure. There is a very happy guy in NYC who picks my brain about this amp from time to time. :D

phyrexia said:
I kind of want a IIB.

A MkIIB with the "post FX level" mod is a **** good amp, with or without the onboard EQ.

I've been looking for something neat.

Havent seen much around.

Will keep my eyes peeled.

Latest posts

Back