News for Canada...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was talking with my friend at L n M on Friday. She spoke with her distribution guy and was told that Heads were shipping to Canada last week of May, expectation is arrival for end of May early June.

It sounded like combo's were about the same time but maybe a week or two sooner.

Sweet, thanks for the update, that gives me at least another 4 weeks to save some $$$ for my pre-ordered head.

Mungo Zen said:
I was talking with my friend at L n M on Friday. She spoke with her distribution guy and was told that Heads were shipping to Canada last week of May, expectation is arrival for end of May early June.

It sounded like combo's were about the same time but maybe a week or two sooner.

I got the same info from my L & M dealer in brampton!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is getting closer :wink:

nicoroy123 said:
Hi, I just spoke with the salesman of my local music store in Montreal.

He confirmed me the canadian price, which is 2599$ + tax (2938$).

He also told me that they have ordered 3 and they should receive them either mid march or mid april (most probable).

He said that Mesa usually ships in the first days of each month so depending on the distance from California, it can take fews days to reach the local store.

I put a cashdown on a mark V head at Italmélodie :D :D

CANNOT----WAIT

Now for the real trick: arm-twisting the folks at L&M into adjusting their prices to reflect the change in the exchange rate! :mrgreen:

When I ordered mine at the end of January, we had an 80¢ dollar, and today it got to just shy of 86¢. :shock:

mr_dj07 said:
nicoroy123 said:

He also told me that they have ordered 3 and they should receive them either mid march or mid april (most probable).

He said that Mesa usually ships in the first days of each month so depending on the distance from California, it can take fews days to reach the local store.

CANNOT----WAIT

Same here! I have a deposit on a head at Ital...please update this thread if you have any info, I'll do the same! :D
Dino told me what seems to be the target date for Canadian stores, late May early June...

Nic

JimmyB said:
Now for the real trick: arm-twisting the folks at L&M into adjusting their prices to reflect the change in the exchange rate! :mrgreen:

When I ordered mine at the end of January, we had an 80¢ dollar, and today it got to just shy of 86¢. :shock:

Dude, the L&M here in calgary is just useless! I asked and asked and asked when my combo would be in and they all kept telling me they don't know and that mesa just does what it wants and I'll have to wait till it gets there. I even told them that I read postings (this was about a week ago) that L&M in eastern canada actual had uptodate info, but they told me, "they must be mistaken, because mesa just does what they want for delivery. It could be a month, 2 or 6, it's anybodies guess."

I'm glad you guys are getting service, but that just grinded my gears. Plus, they wanted $2750 for it. So I took my deposit and went to guitarworks. Cheaper and they are giving me answers. THe only problem is guitarworks doesn't do refunds only credit! But I think it'll be a keeper anyway for me so should be ok.

I used to like L&M but this was too much, week after week, no nothing for info, and another thing...

ok that's enought-fully vented!

GW said my combo left california april 30th, so I'm thinking two weeks from then. Hoping to have it for may long - what, I can dream can't I? :O)

nicoroy123 said:
mr_dj07 said:
nicoroy123 said:

CANNOT----WAIT

Same here! I have a deposit on a head at Ital...please update this thread if you have any info, I'll do the same! :D
Dino told me what seems to be the target date for Canadian stores, late May early June...

Nic

Dino's the man !

I'm glad you confirmed what were the rumours.

The problem with simply using conversion for price matching is that it doesn't take into account the cost of the shipping. If you look at the beginning of this thread, I did a calculation using taxes and stuff, and the price is pretty much the same.

theroan said:
The problem with simply using conversion for price matching is that it doesn't take into account the cost of the shipping. If you look at the beginning of this thread, I did a calculation using taxes and stuff, and the price is pretty much the same.

But the price in Canada should be the same through out canada just as it is throughout the states. Yet L&M charges more than GW. Unless the fixed price deal that Mesa does is only for the US.

Doesn't matter I suppose, we know we get screwed here in Canada anyway by long lead times and higher prices because of delivery and exchange rates.

theroan said:
How much will it be at guitar works?

$2626.99 before tax.

How much for you guys? I think GW does price matching, so if you get it cheaper, I might get a price drop too, if I can prove it. L&M here wanted $2750 before taxes.

In Montreal, it is 2599$ for the heads and 2699$ for the combos. The salesman told me this is the Mesa suggested canadian retail price and the store is following it.

Latest posts

Back