News for Canada...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicoroy123

Reaction score
Hi, I just spoke with the salesman of my local music store in Montreal.

He confirmed me the canadian price, which is 2599$ + tax (2938$).

He also told me that they have ordered 3 and they should receive them either mid march or mid april (most probable).

He said that Mesa usually ships in the first days of each month so depending on the distance from California, it can take fews days to reach the local store.

nicoroy123 said:

He also told me that they have ordered 3 and they should receive them either mid march or mid april (most probable).

He said that Mesa usually ships in the first days of each month so depending on the distance from California, it can take fews days to reach the local store.

Nice. FWIW - I spoke with Mesa Tuesday of this past week regarding another amp question and happened to ask Marcus what the status was. He indicated that they were scheduled to START production in 9 weeks... NONE have been made as of yet... The run will start in 9 weeks...

Joy.

nicoroy123 said:

Steve's or Ital?

Jmango said:
Nice. FWIW - I spoke with Mesa Tuesday of this past week regarding another amp question and happened to ask Marcus what the status was. He indicated that they were scheduled to START production in 9 weeks... NONE have been made as of yet... The run will start in 9 weeks...

Joy.

They have made at least a few for NAMM...but who knows what may happen during or before the production...

Ital...
They may be wrong with the dates. We will see in few weeks....

When I ordered my final run Mark IV I was torn between waiting for the Mark V or not. I was expecting to love the Mark IV but also get a Mark V when it finally arrived. As it turns out, I've kinda lost my keenness for a Mark V. I guess, for me the Mark IV is so perfect and, now that I know what they intend for the Mark V, it just doesn't tread new ground for my interests. I'm not saying I won't get one eventually but there's no rush to the door that I expected. Still, I'm sure it will be nice.

Couldn't they have released the Mark V last year, when the C$/US$ exchange rate was still at par?? Grrr....

I have a pre-order on the head and it's $2,625 + tax. That's at L&M.

MrT-Man said:
Couldn't they have released the Mark V last year, when the C$/US$ exchange rate was still at par?? Grrr....

What are you Canadians complainin about.
It'll be over A$5000 in Australia for sure.
Just like Recto's have been for years

So I called Long and Mcquade today and got the pricing on the Mark 5. The combos is $2750 and the I forget now but it's only $150 to $100 cheaper.

I did some calculations and this is what I came up with:

Long and McQuade
$2750CND x 13% (GST/PST) = $3107.00

Guitar Center
$2099USD x 8.7% (NY taxes) = 2281.61US
2281.61 x current exchange rate = 2843.14
x 8% Ontario taxes when going across the border
= $3070.59CND
Minus gas, no savings at all!!!

So unless our dollar goes up signifigantly this year, it's not even worth trying sneak it across the border. I read a business journal saying that our dollar may go up to .87 but that's still not enough to justify taking the chance. I've heard the fines can be up to $700, that and the whole ethics thing.

I hope I didn't burst any bubbles. Who knows, maybe long and mcquade will price match based on this.

theroan said:
Who knows, maybe long and mcquade will price match based on this.
From my past experience with Long, I would say all of their prices are very "fair". I bought a Martin acoustic in Florida when our dollar was almost 1 to 1, thinking I got a smokin' deal. I came back and checked for the same guitar at Long and it was only $25 more, after taxes and all that in Florida, it was virtually the same price. I didn't have to pay duties/taxes when I crossed the border because I was there for a few weeks.

If you want to save money, research the best price you can find in Canada and then call a place like Axe Music or Music Centre Canada in Alberta. They will match the best price and best of all..... there is NO PST!!!! I saved about 600 on a Roland V-Drums set by doing this!

put an pre-order today at L & M .... i was so excited that i forgot to ask, how long until i'll see it in my house!!!! :D hope it doesn't take 6 months....

salvatruco said:
put an pre-order today at L & M .... i was so excited that i forgot to ask, how long until i'll see it in my house!!!! :D hope it doesn't take 6 months....
Well... when I ordered mine, my buddy at L&M was told by Mesa's rep for Eastern Canada: 90 days. But... I'm not holding my breath! :wink:

JimmyB said:
salvatruco said:
Well... when I ordered mine, my buddy at L&M was told by Mesa's rep for Eastern Canada: 90 days. But... I'm not holding my breath! :wink:

it is hard to wait!! at the same time, we'll be getting an excellent product :D good luck

salvatruco said:
JimmyB said:
salvatruco said:

it is hard to wait!! at the same time, we'll be getting an excellent product :D good luck
Good luck indeed... in fact, I was thinking "good luck" is what we'll need when the time comes to pay for the rest of the amp! :lol: :mrgreen:

theroan said:
Long and Mcquade called yesterday!! The Mark V should be in late may or early June!
got an e-mail from L & M yesterday!!! the MV should be in early june :D cross my fingers :wink:

Got word from guitar works calgary that mark v left california april 30 and headed for the store. I'm hoping 2 weeks max!

Latest posts

Back