NEWS ABOUT MESA BOOGIE MARK V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RUMOR HAS IT.........

intially there will be a SMALL world-wide release of the Mark 5 (40 total?) and all will be custom-shop pieces (beautiful wood in a combo package). I understand that there will be only 1 each allowed per Mesa dealer. Cost approx $4K.
There will be a regular market release to come.
Could be just rumors- tomorrow I think we will all find out if my sources are reliable or not.....

Laskyman

RocksOff said:
Smoking crack? You need to settle down there, sparky. I was simply saying amp sales will decline due to the current attitude of the market. Guitar amplifiers are a luxury item. I'm sure as soon as your mommy and daddy kick you out of the basement, you'll begin to realize what exactly I'm talking about. We're pulling for you, little fellow.
:wink:
I actually haven't lived with either of my parents since I was 19 and I am 36. I did a stint in the military and was almost killed so now I get a monthly check the rest of my life. I'm by no means rich or have money to be blowing I am a full time college student right now. I have just acquired a lot of Boogie gear over the years just like everyone else here and plan on selling it to get the Mark V.

I thought you were talking about the demand for Mark series amps and not the economy.

brettlingle said:
I did a stint in the military and was almost killed so now I get a monthly check the rest of my life. I'm by no means rich or have money to be blowing I am a full time college student right now. I have just acquired a lot of Boogie gear over the years just like everyone else here and plan on selling it to get the Mark V.
quote]

Thanks for your service!

boogietone said:
brettlingle said:
I did a stint in the military and was almost killed so now I get a monthly check the rest of my life. I'm by no means rich or have money to be blowing I am a full time college student right now. I have just acquired a lot of Boogie gear over the years just like everyone else here and plan on selling it to get the Mark V.
quote]

Thanks for your service!
+1. A debt that truly can't be re-paid...

Nice!
MK5-1.jpg

Its all up there on the homepage.

Right on cue . I will now tell my sources now for knowing about the mark V. I have been an exclusive Mesa player since 1980 and have developed a friendship with several mesa employees over the years , in particular Steve Mueller . When he found out that i was attending the 2007 NAMM show he set up a meeting for me to meet and talk with Randall Smith . When I met him he thanked me for being so loyal to them and then pulled out a piece of paper showing his ideas for the mark V and asked my opinion ! I see that some of the original plan made it to the final product . Steve told me that he was surprised that Randy did that and asked me to keep it a secret . These guys are really a big family and have treated me like royalty over the years . Im quite happy to stay loyal to someone like that . Hope you all enjoy the mark V .

I want one, that's for sure. I think I'm going to wait and make sure they sound as good as the design would suggest. The only thing that makes me nervous is the amount of circuitry involved. I want to hear some reviews of this thing!

rabies said:
btw, it states on the web site that you *can* use EL34's in the outer sox with 6L6 insides...

Finally a BIAS SELECT switch is included that allows you to run EL34 power tubes in place of the stock compliment of 6L6’s. You can run EL34’s in just the outside pair or all 4 power tube spots.
ahh, good news. i missed that. That was one thing that bugged me, but not now :)

Its obvious that they couldn't keep the usual Mark series size (width)...but we don't care. 8)

Looks like the size of the Mk4 Medium Head.

Elpelotero said:
Barry, that's an amazing story! What were some of your ideas?
I just had look at his idea for a MKV design . I think I remembered a contour knob like the express series . The thing I mentioned was a Stilettoish type of crunch in channel 2 . Im just a player , certainly not an amp designer but i know they listen to players when they talk .
DSC00639.jpg

this is what bugs me:

10 watts = class A
45 watts = class A
90 watts = simul

no options (I was assuming 45 watts would be class A/B or selectable)!!!

edit: it seems there's a typo on the web site (one place says class A in 45 watts, other say A/B in 45 watts)

That's not what I read. Quoting from the website the options are:

(1) 2 power tubes operating in pure vintage Class A (single-ended), producing 10 Watts
(2) 2 tubes running in time-honored Class A/B producing 45 Watts
(3) 4 tubes running in Mesa’s legendary, patented Simul-Class Power that blends the best of Class A and Class A/B simultaneously to produce 90 Watts of pure tonal magic

So your middle one is off and your assumption (or what you thought it should be) was right. It would be hard to design for 45W of class A actually. I actually don't know of any guitar amp that does generate that much class A power. Though I'm sure there are a few that have been designed over the years.

Barry said:
The thing I mentioned was a Stilettoish type of crunch in channel 2 . Im just a player , certainly not an amp designer but i know they listen to players when they talk...

Epic fail.

When Randall Smith asks you for suggestions on the Mark V, you say don't say Stiletto "Crunch" on Channel 2. You say 2 LEAD CHANNELS. I repeat, 2 LEAD CHANNELS.

j/k :lol:

I'm curioius to try Channel 2's crunch actually.

someone should email the site admin and ask/notify them of a potential mistake. anyone know them?

oh, and notice how bogged down their site is right now? loads slooooow :lol:

WOW! I love my MKIV, but I'm gonna have to find some place in Dallas to try the MKV.

Looking forward to a good clip or UTube demo....

Latest posts

Back