Newly purchased Mark V 25 problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingblade

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just received my Mk V 25 for about more than a week from Sweetwater. Everything works fine and sweet but today when I was playing I suddenly notice a drop of volume then I immediately check the tubes and one power tube was glowing much hotter than the other (please see the pic). So I guess this is a powertube failure and I should replace it? Is there anything else I should know? Can I play it like this or it better if I leave the amp alone for now? What could cause this problem? I have never thought that tube problem would happen so soon after purchase. Now I need to wait 2 weeks for the tubes to arrive :(

Thanks guys
12087713_10205304266543291_5783465644321446894_o.jpg

Tubes do go bad. Even new tubes, and especially new production tubes. I keep spares. They are "consumables" anyway, like air filters or brake pads in a car. That said, contact Mesa and they will send you replacements. They are the best in the business in warranty and customer service. Call your Sweetwater Rep as well, and they will most likely send you a set. I purchase most of my gear through them for a reason.

+1 on Mesa customer service.
I bought my Mark V 25 used and had the warranty transferred from original owner.
Had a power tube go bad within the initial tube warranty period. Mesa shipped out a new pair right away.

Back