Newbie w/ New Guy Type of Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

Reaction score
Hey all, Dale here. New owner of a Triple Rectifier Solo Head, and it's flippin' sweet!

I'm new to amp heads, always had combos and that leaves me wanting to ask the experts here some questions. I've read the manual and can't find the info.

The first one is the dumb one (dumber if not asked):

My red light on the front doesn't work at any time, but it did when I got it. Bulb looks intact and not blown. Do these things just go, or is something not set up right?

The three tubes on the far right when looking at the back aren't as bright as the others--normal?

And lastly, anyone running a Line 6 POD and footboard w/ an amp head? I have no clue how to connect it to the FX Loop and neither manual gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on how to do it. Can I hurt it if I hook it up?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the board, it's nice to have a group of Mesa fans to draw from.

Thanks all,
Dale

Hi Dale, welcome to the board!

As far as the light thing goes, I have no answer for you. Ive been a Mesa owner for years, and have never had any of mine burn out. Regardless of it not looking blown, Id try to replace it anyway just to be on the safe side. A new one doesent cost very much. They are the same exact ones used in fenders, so they arent hard to find either.

The three tubes on the far right of your amp are the rectifier tubes, so what you are describing is normal, especialy if you have the silicon diode recto option selected over tube recto.

And the POD just isnt going to work well in your FX loop, its going to give you a lot of noise and what not if you try it.

If you want more details, feel free to call up Mesa directly. Their customer service is truly some of the best out there.

Dale said:
My red light on the front doesn't work at any time, but it did when I got it. Bulb looks intact and not blown. Do these things just go, or is something not set up right?

The three tubes on the far right when looking at the back aren't as bright as the others--normal?

HI Dale..

Im not sure about the red light thing, It dosnt sound right though. I assume your talking about the power light and not the channel 3 light though correct?

The tube thing is totally normal as No Soul mentioned. I was a bit spooked when I got mine as well. The last 3 tubes on the far right are your rectifier tubes and they are just noticable. On mine there is a very thin orange glow visible, but it is so faint. I spoke with Michal Wolfe at Mesa who cleared everything up.

Welcome,
David.

Hello David and No Soul,

Thanks for the welcome to the board and for the info.

It's the power light that's inop, not too big of a deal but w/ the rectifier tubes being dim I didn't know if was a fault indicator.

Much appreciate the responses gentlemen! Thanks much.
Dale

Latest posts

Back