New user, MKII A question/ troubleshooting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies:
FWIW, a little info about the II-A, just in case you like it.

For amps prior to serial nos. 3500 or 360 for 1-15 models, if the amp is dead or extremely weak, test the Effects Send jack (located beneath the chassis on the left) by plugging a guitar cord into it and running the other end into the PWR AMP IN jack on the rear panel. Occasionally the internal contacts of the Effect Send become faulty.

Amps past #3501 and #361 have a 220K resistor wired across Effects Send jack to prevent signal drop in the event of a contact failure. Signal strength of Effects Loop may overload effects device and cause distorsion at high settings.

I thought the II-A didn't have an effects loop.
Best regards

obergfey said:
There's nothing better than experience, so I tried and voilà!! the reverb jack is part of the fxloop. It's funny I feel that the more I play it the better it sounds! The amp itself sounds really dark, especially in the lead mode... the speaker doesn't look original, so what could I use to brighten things a bit? Thanks

According to Mike Bendinelli, the MkIIA has a very unique sound for the Mark series. He says it is kind of a Tweed Bassman.
It is a dark amp that goes very well with 335 guitars.

In order to brighten up the amp, you can go with the EVM, an Altec or an JBL K120 (alnico V speaker).
If you use single coils, you need to reduce a little bit the presence and the treble.

Boogiebabies: The info in my previous email is coming from the Maintenance Manual of the MarkIIA.

Also, it seems that the MkIIA has a sort of effects loop. According to the metal plate that is glued to the cabinet of the amp, it states:
- Effects send: jack on bottom left of the chassis
- Effects return: Pwr Amp In jack on rear panel

This is a surprise to me.
Regards

Also, it seems that the MkIIA has a sort of effects loop. According to the metal plate that is glued to the cabinet of the amp, it states:
- Effects send: jack on bottom left of the chassis
- Effects return: Pwr Amp In jack on rear panel
UNQUOTE

Has anybody tried this effects loop?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back