New User (hello) and 2Ch TR FX loop problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkma38

Reaction score
Hello all.... I've been readin the forums since I bought my first mesa about 5 months ago, this is my first post.

I am having problems with my FX loop in a late 90's 2 channel triple rec. No matter what i do, the tone of my efffects loop always seems lifeless, two dimensional, and distorted. when I adjust the loop level to normal playing level, the signal distorts harshly. I recently replaced all the tubes. I play with the send and loop level master controls but they seem to counteract one another.

I set the mix all the way up, and the send level stays about in the middle.

When I increase loop level to normal level (about in the middle), the amp distorts unpleaseantly.

Should I forget about the FX loop in this amp all together? I can't imagine the loop sucks this bad as designed. An acquaintence has a 3 Ch Dual and he claims his loop is strange and unpleasant as well. His findings are the same as mine (delays have "lag", clarity is gone, and distortion is present.

Help?

hawkma38 said:
Hello all.... I've been readin the forums since I bought my first mesa about 5 months ago, this is my first post.

I am having problems with my FX loop in a late 90's 2 channel triple rec. No matter what i do, the tone of my efffects loop always seems lifeless, two dimensional, and distorted. when I adjust the loop level to normal playing level, the signal distorts harshly. I recently replaced all the tubes. I play with the send and loop level master controls but they seem to counteract one another.

I set the mix all the way up, and the send level stays about in the middle.

When I increase loop level to normal level (about in the middle), the amp distorts unpleaseantly.

Should I forget about the FX loop in this amp all together? I can't imagine the loop sucks this bad as designed. An acquaintence has a 3 Ch Dual and he claims his loop is strange and unpleasant as well. His findings are the same as mine (delays have "lag", clarity is gone, and distortion is present.

Help?

Hi,
Im new here as well...love this board tho.
I have what sounds like the exact same TR and i also can not for the life of me get the effects loop to sound good, all im using is a tuner and noise gate/compression rack ...no effects and it still seems to crush my sound way down and make it sound very Undesirable. If you happen to get yours sounding good please let me know.

Are your FX units rated at +4 or -10db? I had a Zoom unit rated at -10db and had one hell of time getting good levels without distortion. Back and forth, back and forth on the input/output levels....

Replaced it with a +4db device and all the issues went away.

Might be worth checkin'.

Latest posts

Back