new triple recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuzerneigm

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here and just got a new-to-me Triple Recto and 2x12 cab. I've been seeing people talk about how the early Dual Rectos are the best. So what's different about those that make them better?? Did the build quality go down? Is the circuit different?? Thanks!

Welcome, :D

The circuit and transformers were different. This resulted in a different tone. The Rectifiers evolved. Check out the Lineage post.

I don't think it really matters that much, but I was just wondering, is the 2x12 rated to handle 150 watts? IF you really crank that thing, you might want to be careful about harming the speakers. Triples are loud :twisted: :twisted:

-AJH

ya know I didn't think about that. I'm also using it with an Orange 4x12 though. Thanks!

DSCF0286.jpg

OH nice! Then it shouldn't really hurt it to have 10 watts deficiency, at least I wouldn't think. Other guys on here could tell you. That's an awesome setup man, I bet that thing sounds Brutal!

-AJH

Latest posts

Back