New Triple Rectifier Owner--Questions (FX Loop, Tubes, etc.)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony1967

Reaction score
Friends:

Just got the Triple Rectifier and it rocks---

Couple of questions though:

I got a TC G major and it sounds like a toy through the Boogie FX loop. I tried all of the suggestions re: this piece of gear concerning use with a parallel FX loop and no luck. Anybody using this gear with any success? How about the external switching? Will it work with this unit and a behringer midi footcontroller?

As for tubes, I switched to EL34s as a matter of preference. I also got a set of preamp tubes that seem to compliment the amp. One question though -- can I use GZ34 tubes as a substitution for the 5U4's without rebiasing (or harming for that matter) the amp?

Anybody use eurotube replacements.

Give a shout and let me know.

Thanks,

Anthony

:twisted:

Well, you're not going to be able to bias a Triple Rectifier, unless the bias circuit has been modified. Mesa sets the bias with a fixed resistor instead of a variable resistor (bias pot). In other words, you just plug and play.

As far as using GZ34 Rectifier tubes, you should be all right if you're not cranking your amp to sky high heaven and back.

Dale

I'm new here, but I just got my dual rec retubed through eurotubes. He gave me the GZ34 and it tightened up the low end alot. It's not flabby sounding anymore. It is all up the the players ears though. I'm playing through KT77 in the power section, ECC 83 S in the pre and the GZ34 for the rectifier and in EL 34 mode and it didn't change the "voicing" per say, but it did tighten up the over all sound. Bob at eurotubes said it would get the bias just right! if you have any questions just email him. www.eurotubes.com. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back