New Triaxis ans 50:50 inbound......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_k

Reaction score
New Triaxis and 50:50 inbound from Mesa Hollywood. Not sure why I am not totally satisfied with a Mark III, IV and V. Just want more Mesa dammit!

Steve

steve_k said:
New Triaxis and 50:50 inbound from Mesa Hollywood. Not sure why I am not totally satisfied with a Mark III, IV and V. Just want more Mesa dammit!

Steve

It took me decades to buy that much boogie.

..... of the boogie power amps I really like the 2:90 and 395. I never tried one of the newer 50:50.

I used my Triaxis into the power section of my IV a lot. The IV EQ worked well with it for me.

You can use a GCX or what ever to loop preamps.

A other cool thing is doing a W/D/W with the middle what ever amp you want and do the wet with just the Triaxis / 50:50 rig.

stephen sawall said:
steve_k said:

Steve

..... of the boogie power amps I really like the 2:90 and 395. I never tried one of the newer 50:50.

I used my Triaxis into the power section of my IV a lot. The IV EQ worked well with it for me.

A other cool thing is doing a W/D/W with the middle what ever amp you want and do the wet with just the Triaxis / 50:50 rig.

Stephen,

I am slowly getting rid of other amps and replacing them with Mesa's. Sold 3 Marshall's and a Splawn Nitro this week. The Uberschall and VH4 may be next. I wanted some sort of stereo rig and as you say to run a W/D/W set up. Will run it with the Mark III or Mark IV. Will have to see which gives me the punch I am after. I have a Bradshaw custom switcher/rack interface and RS-5 Midi controller that I will use. Wish I had a couple of 2x12 cabs though instead of 3-4x12's!

Steve

I had seven 4x12's a few years ago. Sold all but 1. Now I have 2 and a 2x12. At this age I want all 2x12's or maybe 1x12's would do.

I feel the III has a great Rhythm sound, But I like the IV better for leads and all the features that make it better as a live rig.

Letting the Uber go ? Did not think that would happen.

I am trying to get into a house .... so I am broke. But if you decide to let the Bones go I would like first shot at her.

stephen sawall said:
I had seven 4x12's a few years ago. Sold all but 1. Now I have 2 and a 2x12. At this age I want all 2x12's or maybe 1x12's would do.

I feel the III has a great Rhythm sound, But I like the IV better for leads and all the features that make it better as a live rig.

Letting the Uber go ? Did not think that would happen.

I am trying to get into a house .... so I am broke. But if you decide to let the Bones go I would like first shot at her.

Nah, the Fortin Bones is staying. I still haven't gotten around to really finding the sweet spots on it and spending time with it. Not too excited about letting the Uberschall go, but if a buyer came along with the cash. What you say about blending the III and IV is what I was planning. Now the Triaxis may cover one or the other for a live rig. 4x12 Cabs are indeed a problem.

Steve

stephen sawall said:
steve_k said:

Steve

how do you go about hooking up the triaxis preamp into the power section of the IV? There's only a slave D.I out of the IV into an external power amp.

The output of the Triaxis into the effects loop in (power amp in) on the IV.

The effects loop send on all amps is also the preamp out.
The effects loop return is the power amp in on all amps.
You can run any preamp into the power amp of any amp that has a effects loop.
You can also run the slave out of any amp into the the power amp of any amp.

stephen sawall said:
The output of the Triaxis into the effects loop in (power amp in) on the IV.

The effects loop send on all amps is also the preamp out.
The effects loop return is the power amp in on all amps.
You can run any preamp into the power amp of any amp that has a effects loop.
You can also run the slave out of any amp into the the power amp of any amp.

Thanks!

Back