New (Tom Anderson) Guitar!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the Cobra and Atom models are Gibson scale length.

Did you mod your Cobra or have them do it at TAG?

007.jpg

...mine is a droptop hollow t,my apologies if I misread , Rocky...maybe your post was directed to the Cobra...nonetheless, an excuse to post mine(I just had to screw down the mid pup to give my middle finger ample room)..a perfect union w/ a Lonestar,btw!!

Nope, that is a stock Cobra, "Jack's Pacific Blueburst" except it came out darker than the usual versions (and I prefer it that way). The pickups are H1-/H2+ and split-able, also standard. I purchased this recently from Wildwood Guitars in Colorado, I have always been a sucker for a blueburst "telegib." Cobras are the original Anderson "Les Paul" configuration, until they came out with the Atom.

lesterpaul said:
007.jpg

...mine is a droptop hollow t,my apologies if I misread , Rocky...maybe your post was directed to the Cobra...nonetheless, an excuse to post mine(I just had to screw down the mid pup to give my middle finger ample room)..a perfect union w/ a Lonestar,btw!!

Thats a super nice one too. I have never been able to bond with the switcheroo myself but my other guitarplayer LOVES it.

I wouldnt have confused it with a Cobra since yours has a maple neck and fingerboard....not available on the Cobra model.

Strategy500 said:
Very nice guitars fellas. Wish I could afford something like that, but the wife would kill me.
Don't we all lol! Question for the Anderson folks though, any idea why he only uses two neck bolts? That seems pretty haphazard to me. Hell I barely feel secure with four of em on there :lol:

EleventhHour2139 said:
Strategy500 said:
Very nice guitars fellas. Wish I could afford something like that, but the wife would kill me.
Don't we all lol! Question for the Anderson folks though, any idea why he only uses two neck bolts? That seems pretty haphazard to me. Hell I barely feel secure with four of em on there :lol:

The neck is shaped so the the part where it bolts on is actually wider at the bottom than at the top - like an upside-down "V" shape. I'll admit that I haven't tried out an Anderson in 4-5 years, so that predates this neck attachement he calls the "A-Wedgie".

Info at this link on the Anderson site:

http://www.andersonguitars.com/wedgie.html

The new neck joint that Anderson developed is a distinct improvement on the old Fender style bolt on. The new joint is more sturdy, allows for a much tighter fit.

Here are pics from a couple of my Andersons

back3.jpg

back2.jpg

back.jpg

These guitars are awesome. The very first electric guitar that I played was a Telecaster. These Anderson T's make me want to go back in time, nearly 25 years. :shock: I will have one soon, dammit. :evil:

Here is another of my Andersons. THis is a hollow T Classic...I owned it for a while, sold it and I recently got it back. Great guitar

diamondring3.jpg

diamondring1.jpg

I like your andy's, rocky...I only have one, but man, it is FUN to play...I see more down the road-I absolutely flipped when I found the "feedback sweet spot" in relation to my amps one day...with the hollow cavities of my Hollow T and some mid gain dialed in, it reacted exactly like the Jackson guitar I used to own that was equipped WITH A SUSTAINER-icredibly cool! infinite feedback...just like the 900 dollar Jackson Sustainer,complete with harmonic overtones-hit the cleans and your back in spankland...just a freakin' ball to play

JOEY B. said:
These guitars are awesome. The very first electric guitar that I played was a Telecaster. These Anderson T's make me want to go back in time, nearly 25 years. :shock: I will have one soon, dammit. :evil:

I could not resist. My new-to-me 1997 Anderson Hollow Cobra.

DSC04513.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

I'll call it "the Paulycaster". :lol:

Oops, I did it again. :wink:

DSC04802.jpg

I was going to sell my Jackson SL1 to recoup some of the money that I spent on the flame top Cobra, but my wife talked me out of doing it. I was stunned, to say the least. :shock:

Latest posts

Back