New (Tom Anderson) Guitar!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
Mmmm, I've been lusting after Andersons for a few years now, and finally managed to get one that matched the specs I was looking for EXACTLY. Now I just gotta sell my PRS Custom 24 to finance an Axe-FX and I'm set for the next few years! I hope nothing major surfaces from NAMM that I won't be able to resist. (Choosing to ignore Suhr's existance until I'm safely out of the country :lol: )

Previous owner's pics. Will take some of my own when it arrives :)

32f43yq4.jpg
369b3ia8.jpg

cf2b3mb3.jpg

b67e3lj5.jpg
ccc53dj0.jpg

ce213um3.jpg

As some of you know, there are quite a few variations in Andersons, even within the same model category. I had to wait a long time to find the right one.

Here are the specs:

cf8e3ey3.jpg

Well, I hope it won't dissapoint! I'm sure it won't - it IS an Anderson after all. Other candidates I was considering were a Musicman JP6 BFR and a Parker Fly of some sort.

I think I made the right decision... don't you agree? ;)

Yes you made the right decision and that is a great guitar. I have 5 Andersons and they are where it is at in my opinion.

Similar to one of my Andersons. I went with a Floyd when I ordered mine. I also prefer the tone of Maple on a basswood back to that of Maple on Alder, thought both sound great.

ablue.jpg

ablue3.jpg

ablue1.jpg

I hate how Tom puts his suggested price on the case sheet, they never sell for that high of a price unless the dealer is a swindler.

excellent....I scored a Drop Top Hollow T recently(its somewhere on this forum, I believe...)....fantastic axe-how do you like the neck on yours?I really dig my pickups as well(looks like you have the hot hot bridge...if my memory serves me correctly...)

SaWEEET! Love Jack's Blue, but Rocky, the Nearly Natural KILLS me.
Nothing like the feel of a new Andy..congrats on the new baby!

lesterpaul said:
excellent....I scored a Drop Top Hollow T recently(its somewhere on this forum, I believe...)....fantastic axe-how do you like the neck on yours?I really dig my pickups as well(looks like you have the hot hot bridge...if my memory serves me correctly...)

The H2+ isnt a really hot bridge, if it were I wouldnt be using it, it is about 14K....which is hot but not so hot that it gets fizzy like an EMG or Distortion class pickup. If you want to get the super hot Anderson pickups then the H3, H3+ HN3 and HN3+ are the hottest Andersns

here's mine. i just had it made. maple/mahogany. thinking about having another one made. black and white bowling ball maybe.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

immersed,

you have some serious mesa mojo going on back there! Is that a C+? And what's the chrome one? You need to upload a clip of the new anderson with these 2 amps!

Elpelotero,

yes i am addicted! that is one of the two C+'s that i have. it's kind of for sale but i'm slowly changing my mind and i'll probably sell my bogner uberschall instead. i also have a modded red stripe mark III, and a mark IV ect. i just bought the recto off a fellow boogie boarder. it's number 505 and it sounds awesome. i've got a ton of guitars and i'm mostly a les paul guy but the Anderson has been taking their place. it just sounds so good through the boogies.

immersed said:
Elpelotero,

yes i am addicted! that is one of the two C+'s that i have. it's kind of for sale but i'm slowly changing my mind and i'll probably sell my bogner uberschall instead. i also have a modded red stripe mark III, and a mark IV ect. i just bought the recto off a fellow boogie boarder. it's number 505 and it sounds awesome. i've got a ton of guitars and i'm mostly a les paul guy but the Anderson has been taking their place. it just sounds so good through the boogies.

you and I have *almost* the same rigs, particularly the C+ and revD recto. I've had poor success wiring Anderson pickups into my guitar, so needless to say I'm drooling to know how the combination sounds through my amps.

I need a clip!!! lol

i'll try and record something with pro tools. i haven't recorded with it yet so it might take some time. the anderson H3 sounds the best through the boogies though. i've posted a lot of pics of my ever changing rigs on here. i'll try and do one with the recto and one of the C++'s.

dude, forget the pro tools! I can pick out a crow flying in the night, which is to say a youtube vid would do just fine!!! I know when I hear good tone. If it's there, it's there.

yeah i hear ya. i've been sitting here trying to record stuff and it's just not the same on pro tools. i've got a bunch of good mic's too and it's just not sounding like the amp in the room. maybe i can try a video with my camera to see if that sounds good.

immersed,

what are the switching positions on your guitar? If it's a 5way, I may be able to use the wiring scheme for my own.

immersed said:
yeah i hear ya. i've been sitting here trying to record stuff and it's just not the same on pro tools. i've got a bunch of good mic's too and it's just not sounding like the amp in the room. maybe i can try a video with my camera to see if that sounds good.

Keep playing around with mic placement! I recommend mixing an SM57 close up, off center a bit from the cone and a large diaphragm condenser 2-3 feet back from the amp.

What mics do you have available? Also, what's your recording chain? Interface/mic preamp/etc

i've got a sm57,beta 57a,senn-609,senn-MD421,AT-2020,AT-4040,and a ATM-250DE. it's all going through M box 2 pro firewire. i have to play with it some more.

Those are killer. Man. *Looks at pile of schoolwork and shakes fist, "You better be worth it." :p :twisted:

Latest posts

Back