New to Mesa!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopthebass

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just joined the forum, so hello to everyone.

After using GK for a number of years I've decided to go for a Mesa amp as I'm reading so many great things about them. I'm picking up a Titan V12 next week, and I can't wait! I'm a bit confused about the power/ohms. It says 1200w into 4-ohms, but also goes down to 2-ohms. Does this mean there's more power available? I hope it sounds better than a recently purchased (and returned) Aguilar DB750 that is sooo woolly with no clarity, unlike the GK.

Oh, how do you ad an avatar to your profile? All my images are greater than 6kb. I used photobucket to creat an avatar, but I could use the tag.

Cheers
Chop

Welcome to the board, and being a proud owner of a TONE monster!
LOL

I'm envious brother, but I didn't need that much power!

From the Mesa web site...

"1200 Watts @ 4 Ohms (840 Watts @ 2 Ohms, 650 Watts @ 8 Ohms), "
I don't think its a missprint.

Congradulations on the titan v-12
What cabinet(s) did you buy?

Thanks Bert,

It seems odd that its less power into 2-ohms. You think it'll be the other way round. I'm using three Aguilar DB112 cabs, giving 2.6 ohms. So I guess I'd need to set the rear switch to 2 ohms. I would go for Mesa cabs if they weren't so bloomin heavy!

Cheers
Ian

Sweet set up!

Yeah you would think that the lower ohms would produce more power.
It says the same thing in the catalog too.
I wanted a 6x10, and had to wait on it because mesa had to build it.
The dealer let me use a powerhouse 4x10...I miss that sucker.
The 6x is almost impossible to handle by myself, i have lifted it in my truck by my lonesome once, won't go there again.
I have help from now on. That is one massive cabinet.

Latest posts

Back