New to Boogie Board, Mark IV got me here

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almanist

Reaction score
Hello all. Just picked up a Mark IV and wanted to say this Board is invaluable.
It helped me immensely when researching the IV.

And it continues to provide great info and advice.

My Mark IV is a short head built on 8/28/2001. I have to say, I've always been drawn to the Boogie aura and history, but never found the "one" that really blew me away. I've played many and even took a shot at a Nomad 55, but I wasn't into having to spend so much time tweaking to get a good sound. BUT the Mark IV kept gnawing at me. So the opportunity came up, was a little over my budget. HOLY SMOKES, this thing is absolutely amazing. First, it's got tons of power. But where it gets its magical status is its ability to be so versatile. And the idea of having to spend more time tweaking instead of playing went away very quickly (this forum helped, once again). The IV is a relentless machine that can give you the chimiest of cleans, the most brutal punch and everything in between. I hate to sound like a broken record to the other Mark IV owners, but to those who haven't experienced one, believe it. In the last couple of months I've gone thru a Marshall Vintage Modern, a JCM 2000 DSL 100, a Plexi clone, a Nomad 55, a Laney, an Egnater, a Peavey 6505 and a Class A tube amp. All great in their own way. The IV is in a class of its own. I've found the "ONE".

Glad to be a Boogie owner, Proud to own a Mark IV.

And, when I get a moment, I will make a donation as well.

Back