new thiele

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phyrexia said:
Could just be that you're not pushing it hard enough to get nice sounding bass.

This is what I am thinking, it sounded awesome when I was using it at higher volumes when I demo'ed it

Platypus said:
You think the polarity might be switched on the EV? Even when I play the EV alone in its current elevated state it sounds anemic compared to when I demoe'd it at louder volumes. There's a clip in the inside, can you even clip it the wrong way? I haven't looked at it closely.

It looks like its in a closet . Are you playing it in there ?
Heck , spin the cabinet . to face the wall . Give it some room to breathe though . see how it sounds . Sound waves do wacky things in enclosed spaces .

You can check the speaker polarity with a 9 volt battery . Unplug at amp , Tip to positive , ring to neg. on the plug . all speakers should move outward , then return when you disconnect. .

Yeah it is in a closet pointing out towards the room, there is a wall about 3 feet in front of it too.

It may be time to let them out of the closet .
Let your EV's sing freely . :D

unfortunately I can't really do much about the closet due to space constraints but live shouldn't be an issue

I used to live in a house where you could stick your hand out the window and grab a beer from the neighbors fridge .
Tiny houses stacked up . :lol:

Platypus said:
Yeah it is in a closet pointing out towards the room, there is a wall about 3 feet in front of it too.

I would be inclined to say that the location is a big part of your sound issue. The wall 3 feet in front of the speaker cabs is going to reflect the highs in a BAD way. Putting the cab on the floor may yield extra bass, but you will have to stand further away from the speaker to hear the full spectrum that the EV has to offer. It's a trade off, for sure.

You might try hanging a quilt over that wall (duct tape?) . To absorb some of the offending frequencies . By sheer bad luck you seem to have created a
Imbalance in the bass/time continuum .

Buddy said:
You might try hanging a quilt over that wall (duct tape?) . To absorb some of the offending frequencies . By sheer bad luck you seem to have created a

geez, I HATE when THAT happens!!!!!!!! :cry:

Buddy said:

Would some foam eggcrate material work?

I'd give it a shot . Lay a quilt over the door and crate the wall .
Cutting down some reflected sound might help .

Latest posts

Back