New stuff!!!! Pedals and Boogafunk - Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gezza

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Well 2 weeks on, I have ditched my GT8, and gone analogue.

Still keep the GT8 as a backup.

I have also picked up a 1 x 12 Boogafunk Thiele cab, yeah I've gone nuts.
I have always wanted one and one came along.

Here is a pic of my Pedal Board, so far.

The Green Pedal is going, not the right pedal, all the rest so far so good.

It has been 10 years since I've had any analogue pedals. So it's sort of fun with pain.

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

Hope the pics work,

Also a big thanks to Newysurfer, who has sent me various emails trying to sort out my mess, Thanks Mate.

Cheers

Gezza.

Hey Guys,

Cab arrived this morning, I had to do a quick check, WOW.

Nice added bottom and punch.

I believe there is one cab left on Ebay for those in Australia, free del.

I am really happy, has Celestion Vintage 30, they sound great.

here are some pics.

DSC09997-1.jpg

DSC09997.jpg

DSC09999.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

Wow I'm very happy, next gig this Friday Night, also picked up a Xotic BB Preamp to replace that Green Pedal.

Cheers,

Gezza.

Not anymore, she's full now.!!!!

Just bought 2 more pedals, wow addictive stuff.

The 2 different Boosts work really Well, 1-Eq Boost, 2-Clean Boost.
I just lacked a little bit of Gain on the Burn Channel for the lead solo. But I have just added a BB - Preamp and also Picked up a Danelectro - Transparent Overdrive, I say Get while you can. Soon to become very popular. Google the name and see what all the fuss is about.

I now have, I hope, everything I need.

Got my first compliment last gig, the Security Guy, who plays guitar also and loves Vai, Satch, Gilbert. Said I had a sweet tone. This was also playing at a very low volume.

So I'm on the right track.

Cheers,

Gezza.

Hey Guys,

My BB Preamp came today. I had a good play with everything. Very impressed.

I have discovered some tone sucking, I was using my Boost/Buff pedal in the effects loop. I really love the clean boost.

So today I place it last in the chain before the amp, Wow, big difference. Just clearer, more presence. Works really well on the Clean Channel with the Crunch Box and the BB Kicked in. For some reason it doesn't do much on the Burn Channel. I need to have the Boost in the effects loop to get a good volume boost.

I have canceled my Danelectro CTO-1 pedal on order and ordered a MI Audio Boost n Buff. I have just realized I don't need an overdrive I need another boost.

This will give me all the sounds I need.

Man this is harder than it looks. As AC/DC said, it's a long to the top if you want to rock and roll.

Hey Tom M, I will try to do a Youtube Demo as soon as I sort out all my stuff. Cables, Power supplies.
But I gotta say, it's really starting to sound special.

Thanks,

Guys.

gezza said:
Hey Guys,

My BB Preamp came today. I had a good play with everything. Very impressed.

I have discovered some tone sucking, I was using my Boost/Buff pedal in the effects loop. I really love the clean boost.

So today I place it last in the chain before the amp, Wow, big difference. Just clearer, more presence. Works really well on the Clean Channel with the Crunch Box and the BB Kicked in. For some reason it doesn't do much on the Burn Channel. I need to have the Boost in the effects loop to get a good volume boost.

I have canceled my Danelectro CTO-1 pedal on order and ordered a MI Audio Boost n Buff. I have just realized I don't need an overdrive I need another boost.

This will give me all the sounds I need.

Man this is harder than it looks. As AC/DC said, it's a long to the top if you want to rock and roll.

Hey Tom M, I will try to do a Youtube Demo as soon as I sort out all my stuff. Cables, Power supplies.
But I gotta say, it's really starting to sound special.

Thanks,

Guys.

Yep Gezza - a lot of trial and error required to get the right combo of pedals to suit your own needs, style and guitars.
Took me 12 months to piece it together. Did a lot of research and testing before each pedal purchase. Well worth it in the end though cause you'll finish up with far superior tone compared your your GT-8 :mrgreen:

Back