New Stiletto's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

today I picked them up - for sure I was nervous and hot!

just a few comments on two brandnew Stiletto Ace 2x12":

I already own two Ace from the early series bought exactly one year ago. they differ in the color of the jewel light slightly and the grill is a bit darker at the new ones (though the old have never been exposed to sunlight).

3870 came with a padded bag for the footswitch, 3815 has the usual one.
both were equipped with the standard black cover (this time).
footswitch and fs-cable were stored inside the amp behind the metalroast

so far - so good - so what?

yes, no. 3870 comes with 4 screws missing on the speaker cover, the upper line is totally missing, the cover is only fixed at the bottom and both sides - lets see what the dealer says to this chinese assembly quality ;-)

I am very happy to run 4x12" on each side again as I was used to for a long time with my JCM and the 2 1960a's. The four amps run smoothly stereo 2x2 and give this tummy touching bottom with the outstanding midth range only mb can provide.

You asked me what I do with 4 Stiletto Ace - I crank 'em and let my fingers bleed ... see you again in a few month when the first eargasms have gone.

... will check the preamp tubes now ...

PS how can I post a pic here?

to post a photo you need to have an account at a place like photobucket.com or another host. I like photobucket...it is free and reliable.

to make a photo show on tpabe you simply insert the complete URL between 2 very simple tags. The tags are

Here is what it looks like:

Here is my ace 2X12 with some of my other toys kinda showing in the background. I have completely retubed it with NOS tubes. Sounds amazing.

incrediblehulk.jpg

Four 2x12 ACE combos? In stereo?? Dude, that is infreakingsane!!!!

Rocky said:
to post a photo you need to have an account at a place like photobucket.com or another host. I like photobucket...it is free and reliable.

to make a photo show on tpabe you simply insert the complete URL between 2 very simple tags. The tags are

Here is what it looks like:

Here is my ace 2X12 with some of my other toys kinda showing in the background. I have completely retubed it with NOS tubes. Sounds amazing.

incrediblehulk.jpg

Whats the tonebone piece you have there ?

Siemens, JAN/Phillips, Tungstram, RCA and Mullard.I dont rememer the order of the preamp tubes. Pretty sure the Mullard is in V1, JAN/Phillips in V2...not sure of the rest.

I have thought about putting NOS tubes in my LSS, even priced it out a bit. But I keep thinking: those things cost quite a bit. If I blew a tube I would be PISSED.

How much did you spend on the re-tube?

Not much actually, I always go to old electronics shops and buy tubes...I'm a geek that way. The Mullard cost me $50.

Back