New Stiletto Deuce Owner. Now I need a cab!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a new Deuce head this weekend at my local GC. II have been looking at amps for sometime now, and it has been quite a search. After a lengthy process of elimination I decided to focus on a Roadster combo. I played the Rodster for a good 45 minutes, and as much as I tried to bond with the Roadster, it just wasn't happening for me. The cleans were great, but channels 3 and 4 sound wheezie and choked up to me.

I decided to check out the Ace combo sitting next to it and was really digging the sounds. They also had a Deuce head in wine red taurus with a tan grill and trim with a matching 4 x12. I plugged into that as well and was blown away. Immediately forgot all about the Roadster. I hear about Stilettos being bright, but I sure didn't think that they were overly bright. Just kick ***.

Long story short, I took home the Deuce head. The Ace combo would have made more sense, but the Deuce offers a bit more flexibility just looks so cool. I currently do not have a cabinet. The 4x12 would have been nice, but I live in a 1 bedroom in San Francisco, so space is at a premium. I think I will probably order a matching 2 x12 recto cab in wine from GC. I just hope it doesn't take to long. I still have my Rockerverb combo to tide me over, but man I want to play the Deuce.

Any idea how long Boogie takes on a custom cab order?

I just inquired about a 2x12 Roadster Cab at my local dealer and they said 3 months from Mesa as new order, same as any other piece. The 2x12 Recto cabs are fairly common, so you might find one in stock if there are any other dealers in your vicinity.

Brad

Honestly go back and get the 4x12, serious you say space is limited in the apartment, but think about it, with a 2x12 it will be the same width and length of a 4x12, unless you plan on stacking stuff on top of the duece you are not really giving up any space.

not to mention the custom ordered 2x12 will probaly cost you more then the used 4x12, and the original tone you loved at the store will be different with a 2x12.

Rocco Siffredi said:
I picked up a new Deuce head this weekend at my local GC. II have been looking at amps for sometime now, and it has been quite a search. After a lengthy process of elimination I decided to focus on a Roadster combo. I played the Rodster for a good 45 minutes, and as much as I tried to bond with the Roadster, it just wasn't happening for me. The cleans were great, but channels 3 and 4 sound wheezie and choked up to me.

I decided to check out the Ace combo sitting next to it and was really digging the sounds. They also had a Deuce head in wine red taurus with a tan grill and trim with a matching 4 x12. I plugged into that as well and was blown away. Immediately forgot all about the Roadster. I hear about Stilettos being bright, but I sure didn't think that they were overly bright. Just kick ***.

Long story short, I took home the Deuce head. The Ace combo would have made more sense, but the Deuce offers a bit more flexibility just looks so cool. I currently do not have a cabinet. The 4x12 would have been nice, but I live in a 1 bedroom in San Francisco, so space is at a premium. I think I will probably order a matching 2 x12 recto cab in wine from GC. I just hope it doesn't take to long. I still have my Rockerverb combo to tide me over, but man I want to play the Deuce.

Any idea how long Boogie takes on a custom cab order?

I agree with siggy14 on the space issue inside a small apartment - but I got rid of my 1960 cab when I moved to a 2nd floor apartment more because I was lugging it up and down the stairs and dinging walls, doors, etc... Plus I'd get the hairy eyeball when neighbors would see me bringing in this huge thing. Got a smallish 2X12 Crate cab (still have it) and it was 1/3 the size and well useable.

I like the Avatar stuff for a great sounding/well built cab with a budget price. Haven't tried the Recto 2X12 with my Deuce I but that seems to be the genereal recommendation in this forum. I've been keeping my eyes open for one on CL.

I guess I am lucky, my apartment has elevators so i dont have to worry about lugging a 4x12, but honestly I would still do it even if my place didnt have them as I much prefer the 4x12 over a 2x12 any day.

Paulie said:
I agree with siggy14 on the space issue inside a small apartment - but I got rid of my 1960 cab when I moved to a 2nd floor apartment more because I was lugging it up and down the stairs and dinging walls, doors, etc... Plus I'd get the hairy eyeball when neighbors would see me bringing in this huge thing. Got a smallish 2X12 Crate cab (still have it) and it was 1/3 the size and well useable.

I like the Avatar stuff for a great sounding/well built cab with a budget price. Haven't tried the Recto 2X12 with my Deuce I but that seems to be the genereal recommendation in this forum. I've been keeping my eyes open for one on CL.

I may have to pull the trigger on the 4x12. It's is expensive with the custom tolex, but it would match the head. My wife will freak out when she sees a refrigerator sized cabinet in the living room.

nothing to even think about.

you bought a custom head.
if you dont get the custom cab, you will be sad later on.

just wont look right.

and go 4x12.

i have a 4x12 and 2x12.
i use the 2x12 my punk band gigs in small bars and clubs, but i always use the 4x12 when i am home or playing in my metal band (actually, use both cabs then).
it just adds more meat to the potatoes. and the 2x12, which having a bit of umph to it, IS brighter than a 4x12.
do it.

do it now! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back