New setup with the G-System

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Barchetta

Reaction score
Thought y'all might like a photo of how I'm running my V.

DSCN2094.jpg

RB

Golfnguitarz....I'm heading out Tuesday morning on my Harley to ride to Atlanta to see the tour. Life long buddy of mine lives there now, and he and I haven't missed a Rush tour in over 26 years. We'll be catching the show on Wednesday the 29th. I hear it's yet another great Rush show. Can't wait. Oh...and can't wait to be on my Harley instead of at work!

RB

Wow - 26 years straight! I had, frankly kinda lost touch with the band over the years. But seeing that long-over-due documentary they released over the summer got me all fired up about them again. Went to Red Rocks to see them - incredible place, incredible band, but it was only my 5th time to see them. Enjoy!

I'm at the Rush show right now. Intermission now. This is my 12th Rush show...and as usual, they are even better this time around. If you don't have tickets to this tour, GET THEM! You're cheating yourself if you don't.

RB

Saw them in Syracuse in August, absolutely AMAZING! They just seem to get better every time I see them. And, awesome rig man!

I added the TC Nova Drive yesterday and spent a couple of hours with it. I must say, I'm very impressed. The sounds available are equal to anything else I have used, and the ability to have so many presets is just awesome. I'm really digging this...I will spend a few more days tweaking the sounds, but I'm very happy so far. Any advice on cool or unique settings for the Nova Drive would be appreciated. If you've discovered something cool, let me know!

RB

Nice!
I am really considering this for my V combo. Could you provide a list of everything I would need to connect the G system so I don't have to make a bunch of trips and waste time troubleshooting ? G system looks and sounds awesome on youtube. Have you noticed any tone sucking going on? I have read a couple of post where some love and some say it sucks to much tone.. Thx

I recommend that you go to the TC Electronics Forum, go to the G System section and download the "Laird Williams white paper". This is the most comprehensive step by step guide to hooking up, setting up, and configuring the G Sys. Follow this to the letter, and you will have NO problems. The G Sys works awesome with the MK V. I also really like the Nova Drive with it. It simplifies the whole use of overdrives...read the white paper and you'll understand. Please keep me updated....

RB

Back