New Roadster owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr_You said:
From what I've read, it sounds like the Roadster was voiced in particular for the Roadster/Stiletto cabinet dimensions. The oversized cabinets may have lower mid range response?

I believe you are right Mr. You

Mr_You said:
From what I've read, it sounds like the Roadster was voiced in particular for the Roadster/Stiletto cabinet dimensions. The oversized cabinets may have lower mid range response?
I've had my roadster for a week and still cab evaluating. The recto cab that my shop had doesn't sound like the combo by any means, it's more bass. I tried a road king open/closed cab yesterday and am not thrilled. The road king didn't have the airy sound I thought it would have. These amps have a circuit that's supposed to be close to the LSC on the clean sound and I want more of that sound. Since I liked the combo sound, hated the combo weight, I'm ordering the roadster cab, just wish they had one to listen to first. I've come to the conclusion that Mesa had that cab in mind for this amp and knew what they were doing.

scolli said:
oyster said:
bizarre.
I definitely notice a difference between channels 3 and 4 and I messed around with them last night for a while and found I got very nice tones from both (not too dark) so I guess I would have to hear yours to identify the problem. Maybe you did get a dud amp after all. :shock: I even switched back to 6L6s and still got good tones after turning up the treble and presence a bit (man, those EL34s are BRIGHT).
regardless, good luck!

Hey Oyster, which cab are you using?

I am using
recto 4x12
recto 2x12

Sometimes I run them together, sometimes separately.

I would be interested in knowing which tech you guys talked to that gave you a feeling of indifference...........I've talked to Mike, he was really helpful. He didn't seem bothered by all my questions which I'm sure he's heard a million times. That's the way customer service should be. If you don't like dealing with people or hearing the same question a million times, you need to be doing something else. Also you have to give the customer the benefit of doubt with a problem. I know sometimes you call a place and they make you feel like your crazy or stupid. I've always heard good things about MB. I hope things aren't changing.

Finally got my tube. In channel 3 & 4 the treble is noticeable in the 7 to 10 range and then again in the 2 to 5 but it's subtle. The same with presence, subtle. Is that what you guys are talking about?

francric said:
Finally got my tube. In channel 3 & 4 the treble is noticeable in the 7 to 10 range and then again in the 2 to 5 but it's subtle. The same with presence, subtle. Is that what you guys are talking about?

See my post near the end of this thread http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=7252

This will give you some idea of what i've noticed.

Back