New Pic on Mesa's site

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
JohnPetrucciDreamTheaterM5.jpg

The cloud pattern in the cabs is pretty wild. I'd love to just have ONE of those heads......let alone 4.

-AJH

Killer picture for sure. Those heads are just dummy heads though. Theres LEDs that light up, but that's it. He's got a rack with 3 MVs in it on the side of the stage when playing live. LOVE the clouds graphic.

im sure you could easily get an artist to airbrush that for you.thats what john did im guessing

hmm.. maybe i'll stalk him and see if i can buy one:)

if one was to get a cab airbrushed.. should the grill cloth be removed (as to not paint the speaker)? if so. how is that accomplished?

dmcguitar said:
hmm.. maybe i'll stalk him and see if i can buy one:)

if one was to get a cab airbrushed.. should the grill cloth be removed (as to not paint the speaker)? if so. how is that accomplished?

definitely want to remove the cloth. The grill cloth is stapled around a baffle. Get the baffle out, remove the logo, and you should be golden. I'm tempted to get it done myself now actually. Haha.

is the baffle velcro'd in?

i was just thinking..i'd try to trade my recto 4x12 for a recto vert 2x12, and get a mk V in matching tolex / cloth...

but the airbrush idea sounds great... i dont know why i didnt think of that when i saw them come around this summer.. i know i thought "man those cabs look awesome, i wish i could buy one"

i need to just buy the amp and stop this.. my idle mind just keeps wandering and thinking of all the possibilites I can do.

I picked up a dummy Recto head a couple years ago on eBay that was a stage prop used by Godsmack. It has all the pots and power light when you plug it in, but no guts or tubes. I have it on my desk at work.

Mark Fore said:
I picked up a dummy Recto head a couple years ago on eBay that was a stage prop used by Godsmack. It has all the pots and power light when you plug it in, but no guts or tubes. I have it on my desk at work.

Exactly! That's kind of cool that you have that.

I saw the 4 heads this past summer. one with a green light, the rest with red (one maybe was orange)

i wonder if he'll sell them after... a dummy head would be a cool stage prop

Im glad Mesa isnt cheesey.... Or else they'd consider coming out with a limited edition painted cloud Petrucci Cab (speakers sold separately) for $2000.

Has anyone seen the Dave Mustaine Marshall Cab for $1200? All I can say is.... I dont think so. LOL

theroan said:
I think they're real for the photo op. Live there are no heads on top if I'm not mistaken.
He had the heads on top when I saw them in Albany. It was funny, his tech is like 6'6" tall and he was throwing them around after the show like a frisbee! Could clearly see the lack of tubes and transformers when they were breaking down. There are some awesome pics of his REAL rig here http://www.johnpetrucci.com/gear.htm .

Latest posts

Back