new owner of a DC-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutac

Reaction score
Hi

just bought a DC-3 in apparently as new condition !!

i'm as they say 'stoked'

cant wait for it to arrive ......

just thought y'all should know :D

cheers Blutac

it's arrived and it rocks :D roll on pactice tomorrow night

serial number dc3 #2 1583

it doesn't look quite like the manual i printed off the website so i'm assuming its a second generation, am i right ?

this one has a headphone socket and the channel select switch on the front is 3 position rhythm/footswitch/lead

any one know about these ?

cheers dave

Hello, congrats on a great amp. I had a chance to jam through one and its what sold me on the DC series. As for your question, the DC series went through a few versions, with slight improvments(i think) with each incarnation. I own a DC-5 head and it has on the back the headphone out as well as a EQ assign switch. I think this was different on some earlier models. the front also has the three position switch. If you are going to use your footswitch to channel switch AND engage the EQ on and off, then you will need to have the switch in the middle. otherwise, it will only switch the channels. Anyway, this is how mine works and I love it. I thought about selling it, but i fell in love with it all over again, so now i don't think i will be getting rid of it. Have fun with your DC.

:D

still loving it, practice went well last night, i could actually hear myself for once. the cleans were super smooth and the drive rocked. so glad i bought this thing

thanks Reprove, i used it like you described and had all channel switching and eq available from the footswitch. i also hooked it up to my marshall 1x12 cab for a fuller sound.

it does get very hot but i suppose it was on for 4 hours solid switching to standby when we had a break

still twaeking with the levels and tone controls but i think i should be ready for our 1st gig on friday

cheers Guys

The DC3 IMO are the best of the DC's - I had one for a few years and it was a great amp - quite a dark sounding amp - but a nice dark!!!

Don't worry about the heat - mine used to get blistering too!!!

Crank It and Enjoy It!!!!

thanks welshboogie

i know it's still the honey moon period but i had great fun last night, i didnt think it was too dark. i had great tones from stevie ray vaughan and hendrix cleans to paul weller crunch and some sex pistols mayhem.

i've added one of those snarling dogs blue doo pedals as a sort of solo boost. really works well :D

i only used my multi effects pedal for a touch of chorus on wind cries mary

the amp did it all on its own !!!!

we do vertigo by U2 and the bass player couldn't believe the harmonics i was getting

Welcome to the World of Boogie - however, I must warn you that Bass Players and Drummers will end up moaning that you are too loud!!!!

I remember with my DC I kept up unmic'd with the whole band AND a 2k rig at 1 gig - I remember the sound guy insisting that I mic up - but I declined, he went away with a "he's going to regret it" look on his face - I hit the first chord of the first number and his jaw dropped!!!!!!!

I was using an SG at the time - so this could be why I was getting a dark sound - also, the amp was the 1st generation.

I love these amps!!!!

Hi

i'm using an '97 Parker nitefly with 3 single coils, i use the piezo for some of the acoustic stuff and the amp seemed to like it.

i haven't plugged my les paul or gordon smith with humbuckers into it yet, that comes tonight :D

hope the neighbours are away

so glad i didn't go for the F30 the DC-3 sound more alive, i only had the master volume on 2.5 and the channel volumes on around 4 or 5.

i've been using my Stephenson LC10and hat just wasn't loud enough, great bedroom amp tho

The DC3 are very good amps indeed (sometimes i regret sellng mine, but it was a good cause, sold it to my bandmate :D ).

try it with JJ Tubes, they like'em a lot. Sovteks are to harsh on the DCs. you really have a secret weapon on your hands.

Rock On!!! :twisted:

I use my combo DC3 as my primary amp, the MK IV is my back up.. I recently began having some problems with the DC, it started having a real "flubby" bottom end sound... I replaced the power tubes, still got the flubby sound.. probably just a preamp tube... anyway, i'll get around to replacing those.. At least this is forcing me to find a setting I like with the MK IV. But overall, the DC 3 can crank it out with the best of em'. I'll probably keep it as my main rig.... When I hook my MK IV's closed back speaker cab to it, It rocks even harder.... The DC 3 is a Great Amp... congrats...

i'm no longer a virgin, i've played my 1st gig !!!!

all went well and the amp rocked, thanks for all the comments, love my boogie

I've bought and sold many, many (Boogies and others) amps over the years, my DC-3 combo is the ONLY amp I'll never sell.

hey!
I got a good offer for n Dc-3 , but I can't test it...
any samples on a website?
what about playing that thing at bedroom volume? I've searched for this question here, but at this point the opinions are very different.
what about the recording function- has anybody ever used this?
thanks and greets from germany!

Latest posts

Back