New Owner- LSS Drive question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strike3

Reaction score
Just got this a couple of weeks ago and its nice!

The problem i am having is that when I engage the drive switch, it effects the clean channel as well. Ditto with the thick switch. I am trying to get a really clean channel one, and use the thick and some drive in channel 2 ( which is the way channel 2 seems to sound the best). When i hit the drive switch and/or the thick switch, my channel one cleans starts to fart out on the low E and A strings. I cant figure out how to use the drive and thick only on ch 2, without it blowing up the sweet ch1 cleans I have set up.

This occurs in all 3 power settings.

Is this just the design, or do you suspect speaker or tube issues.

Additional details:
It was shipped to me with the tubes removed, and they were not numbered or marked for position, so I just stuck them in. Is there a certain order the power tubes need to be in?

I am not sure I have explained this very well, and could post a photo of my settings if that would help.

If anyone has a solution or information in this regard, It would be greatly appreciated!

I just checked this out last night at practice on my amp. The Drive and Thick switch do not seem to have any effect on my clean tone at all. I may hear a little pop while switching but it was barely audible. Did you buy your amp new? is there still a warranty on it? I bought mine used but I called Mesa and it still had warranty on it. They transfered the remainder of the warranty over to me.

Latest posts

Back