New Metal Clip For A Contest I'm Entering (Mark IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I am entering a recording contest and wanted to get your opinion on the mix so far. I am still learning the tune so forgive the mistakes. Part of the contest is that a tune is chosen for me and it is up to me to make it work.

It is a cover of a song from a band called God Forbid called Antihero (pretty cool tune for a metalcore type of band). This was recorded at very low volumes. What do you think so far? I literally learned the harmony lead break minutes before I hit record.

Comments, concerns, questions?

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/97-Antihero%20%28rough2%29.mp3

Good playing as always. I've heard a number of your songs and you play really well.
Great tone, too, as always. I want my Mark IV to sound like that!
Keep up the rockin'.
David

dct said:
Good playing as always. I've heard a number of your songs and you play really well.
Great tone, too, as always. I want my Mark IV to sound like that!
Keep up the rockin'.
David

Thanks!

I actually spent another 30 mins last night with the track. I revamped the backing track (snare drum switch and compression added to bass) and re-recorded the guitar tracks (no boost on rhythm). I think it sounds better. If I get a chance I will post it.

I feel that the bass is lost in my mix and that the guitar tone is a bit too scooped and not sitting in the mix well enough other then that, it's top notch

Awesome! You play very well and I like the mix from what I can hear. I was listening thru a pair of cheap in-monitor 1-inch speakers so I could not hear any bass. Everything I listen to thru these lacks bass though. Are you using a drum machine?

Sounded great man. The drum track was sick!! do you have just it and the bass track by chance? Sounds fun to play along to.

hint hint :wink:

FastRedPonyCar said:
Sounded great man. The drum track was sick!! do you have just it and the bass track by chance? Sounds fun to play along to.

hint hint :wink:

Ask and you shall receive: http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=26070

I used EZDrummer. I actually started using Drumagog over the weekend. The backing track includes an update I made on the drums. The snare and kick sound quite a bit better now.

Latest posts

Back