New Mesa Mark IV Clip (The Most Fun I've Had Recording Yet!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
Who likes Queensryche's Empire?

This has been my favorite clip to record so far! I'm not saying it is my best playing by any means. In fact, the timing is really off in some parts and the lead is a bit spotty but who cares, right?

I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of the basics in terms of recording. The Mark IV was sounding good to me today and felt inspired to record this clip.

What do you think?

I will post settings and gear if you are interested.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25139

great clip, care to share how you do your recording? what equipment? you have the better sounding clips on this board and i've always wanted to know how you do it!

Excellent tones! Wonderful crunch, not too modern, not too vintage. Just right for Queensrÿche.

I can't wait to get my MKIV... Should arrive this week, next week at the latest. I'm gonna try to post clips when I get it.

Edit: Oh yeah, settings would be great.

WOW!!!! Love that song! You do an outstanding job recording that mark iv. How bout some settings......

Awesome. I would definitely say you are getting the hang of recording :)
The tones are awesome.

gibson5413 said:
What do you think?

I will post settings and gear if you are interested.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=25139

post settings please :wink: great tone!!!

Nick_cor said:
great clip, care to share how you do your recording? what equipment? you have the better sounding clips on this board and i've always wanted to know how you do it!

I used the following chain:

EBMM Petrucci guitar -> Maxon OD-9 -> Mark IV -> Bogner 2x12 Oversized -> Sennheiser e609 and Shure 57 -> M-Audio Mobile PRE USB -> N-Track 5. I used delay on the lead and some chorus and delay on the clean tracks. Effects were all from the Rocktron Xpression through the serial loop. No effects on the crunch rhythm other than the clean boost to add some sustain (I recorded this at low volumes). I usually like to record at higher volume but had a sleeping baby in the house.

The Shure 57 was pointed right at the center of the cone and the Sennheiser e609 was half way between the center and edge of the cone.

weemies said:
Excellent tones! Wonderful crunch, not too modern, not too vintage. Just right for Queensrÿche.

I can't wait to get my MKIV... Should arrive this week, next week at the latest. I'm gonna try to post clips when I get it.

Edit: Oh yeah, settings would be great.

I'll post settings for the amp on Friday. I am out of town until then. I just posted the gear I used however.

Thanks for listening!

insideout said:
That was awesome!! Great tones, and great recording - I hate you :lol: . Nice work 8)

70sRock said:
Really nice. Great job!

Please post your settings for all the channels. Loved the clean and lead.

Thanks

JamesD said:
Awesome. I would definitely say you are getting the hang of recording :)
The tones are awesome.

Thanks guys! This one really was a fun clip to record.

Sounds flippin' sweet. For a home recording job, I almost would have guessed Pod or some kind of direct recording it sounds so clean... nice work.

Amp settings:
Lead Gain- 7.5 (pulled)
Bass- 1
Mids- 3
Treble- 7.5
Lead Drive- 8
Presence- 3

Master and Output Level- 3

EQ is set like this:

80hz, 240hz, 2200hz and 6600hz- all set a 1/4 inch above the middle line (pretty flat EQ setting)

750hz- about half way done

Guitars:
Music Man Petrucci -> Mark IV short head -> Bogner 2x12 -> Shure 57 and Sennheiser e609 -> M_Audio Mobile PRE USB -> N-Track 5.

Latest posts

Back