New Member-- What is my Mark III worth???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazz

Reaction score
I am the original owner of a Mark III-- no stripe. Signed by RCS himself-- I bought this amp back in 1985 right after they started making the MkIII. It is a loaded simul class combo in great condition--eq included-- no fancy wood or anything but upgraded EV speaker. I remember talking to Steve Kimock on the phone when I was thinking about ordering it--

My question is: what is the significance of this amp vs. other Mk IIIs? What is it worth? I paid about $1,400 for it. Not that I want to sell it, but I am just considering all options. Did I mention it is heavy???? I may want to convert it to a head and use it with my 2X12 mesa half back cab.

I have had 25 years of enjoyment from this amp-- great tone, reliable. Just thinking out loud I guess.
Glad to find this board-- hope to hear a few responses.
Thanks.

Thanks GTS. I sent you a PM. Are you building cabinets? I may convert my combo to a head.

Like George said $850-$950. I paid $850 for my loaded Blue Stripe EV combo. If your No Stripe has the 105PT, you could get as much as $1100, but that's being optimistic. I really want a Black/No Stripe. Supposedly the best sounding III there is, especially with the 105 PT.

Latest posts

Back