New member needing some help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
disassembled said:
AHHHH it's the AMP NAZI!!! No amp for you! 1 year!:)

Relax....an impedance mismatch isn't going to hurt the amp as people do it all the time. It's ok to go one notch out of match (16ohm cab to 8 ohm input 8 ohm cab to 4 ohm input) you will just lose a little volume and some characteristics will change a bit but there's nothing to worry about.
I understand that a mis-match going up is OK, it's a mis-match going down that's not! In this case, it is not a proper mis-match!

Mismatch huh? Think they would of made a point in the manual about that. And yea not with all the stuff in the back about the impedances, but where it mentions you can pull some tubes.

Oh well. I guess I've just been lucky.

Yea I'm definately not opening that sucker up to spray some contact cleaner in it. I'll go buy some tubes sometime this weekend or next week to put it back in proper operation.

But I'm guessing if the pot needs to be cleaned or replaced. Going back to "full power" isn't going to fix that issue. I'll trouble shoot to make sure its the master volume, and go through each of the channels to see whats up.

There is a Mesa dealer down the road (non-GC) and I guess the warranty will cover this? I've done nothing to its insides, maybe pulled some tubes and ran a mismatch of a load, but not poked at anything.

Ok so you've all been a great help! We got to start somewhere, but there are 2 Mesa Dealers that I've seen and I guess I'll contact both. But I'll get my tubes at the closest.

Or RECOMMEND ME some tubes! Should I go with the Mesa's? the same STR440's or maybe something different. Those STR(number), does that number mean anything?

Suggestions please. I may go out today and get the tubes, I was thinking I would just get the 440 6l6's and the 5u4g's like it came with.

El34's seems like they kill the cleans from what I've read here.

Thanks again!

You don't really need to replace the rectifier tubes like you would a power tube. They are much like your preamp tubes in that they really only need replacing if they go bad.

I really like the tone of the JJ6L6GC in both the DualRec and MarkIV for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back