New Mark V Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yongling

Reaction score
Hello all!! First time poster here, very nice to meet all of you. Finally I got my Mark V head an the Recto 2x12 the other day. I'm so excited about it! This has been the amp that I've been GAS-ing for since it first came out. So yeah, a dream come true for me.

Anyways, after playing it for 3 days, tweaking just about every knob and flipping almost every switch available on the head, I gotta say that I'm extremely happy with the sounds this baby could do. I'm just blown away! I've been reading about people having difficulties with the effects loop and I was quite worried that my tone was gonna suffer cos of the impedance/signal level thingy. But I guess I'm fortunate that I got no issues at all with the loop! For me it is as transparent as it could get. I have an Ernie Ball volume pedal, iSP Decimator, Empress Tremolo and the Eventide Timefactor (input & output set to line level) in the loop and my tone with the loop engaged and the loop hard bypassed are almost similar (just a very very tiny bit of loss in presence which could be fixed by bumpin the presence knob a little higher). So in conclusion, I love my Mark V!!!

af805546.jpg

9c8f47ee.jpg

a722c167.jpg

hmm.. Is it just me or the channel 3 mark 4 setting's got it's treble pot way too low and the bass just way up high?.. I've once tried running such settings and I could only get my amp to fart out :)

K-Roll said:
hmm.. Is it just me or the channel 3 mark 4 setting's got it's treble pot way too low and the bass just way up high?.. I've once tried running such settings and I could only get my amp to fart out :)

Haha that's not the settings. I believe I just transported it back from a studio do the knobs might be messed up but I agree, gotta be careful with the bass!
domct203 said:
Congrats and welcome to The Board.

audiotaxi said:
Is that the infamous power switch silk screen decal rubbing off issue in evidence?
If you call Mesa I believe they will send you a new faceplate, original owner or not.

Dom

Spot on guys, I already have the replacement face plate from Mesa. Just didn't have the time to do it yet. But to me as long as it doesn't affect the sound then it can wait. Hehe.

Hey, i live in Guatemala does MESA could send to me a new faceplate ? the two decals of power and stand by switch just fall, i mean some of the letters "full power" "variac" "on" "standby" just falled off.

thanks

Dre.

Congratulations yongling and welcome to the Boogie Forum! I am sure that you will find this to be a very helpful and friendly forum for any questions that you may have.

Enjoy your great amp!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back