NEW Mark II-B combo owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the numbers on the circuit board would be interesting (like RP 9A on mine)
you dont have to discharge the caps, if you played the amp and then shut it down normally the voltage bleeds off. But for your safety: dont touch them anyway :)
your loop test results are normal for the IIB, so it's not a hidden IIC+ :lol: :wink:

Thanks for that, TiPiMods. So your IIB does the same thing?

When I had it apart, I didn't check the circuit board number. Looking at it now, in the photo, it seems to read: PWP 6C Mean anything?

Also, there does seem to be differences between yours and mine. For example, what are the smaller additional blue caps for? Doing an image search, I found a shot of one other Mark amp with the same configuration, and it was ostensible a IIB, although I'm not sure.

Here's mine.
111220121307.jpg

Dude2Dude said:
Thanks for that, TiPiMods. So your IIB does the same thing?

When I had it apart, I didn't check the circuit board number. Looking at it now, in the photo, it seems to read: PWP 6C Mean anything?

Also, there does seem to be differences between yours and mine. For example, what are the smaller additional blue caps for? Doing an image search, I found a shot of one other Mark amp with the same configuration, and it was ostensible a IIB, although I'm not sure.
yes, the lead drive is before the return jack, so it doesn't affect the signal, the lead master is afterwards so it does. On the IIC+ Mesa changed the loop again and placed it after master and lead master potis, so there is no change in volume or tone when you plug in the return jack.
PWP 6C is the poweramp board, you got a 100W amp, mine is a 60W, the pictures of the preamp boards look quite similar, the small cathode caps are black on mine and blue on your amp.

@TatooU: isn't it nice to know, that Tina did whatever she had to do on your amp :wink:

Even some photo of her:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=46322&view=next#p332998

Merry chrismas to all the boogie lovers

Latest posts

Back