New Mark 1 Reissue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom K

Reaction score
Just got a M-1 combo reissue. Anyone got suggeations on tone settings, cool tricks, maintenainence or anything?

Dunno any cool tricks but start out in the first input.
Vol 1: 7
Vol 2: 7
Treb: 7
Bass: 3
Mids: 3
Presence: 5

I think that's a good starting point. From there you can get even raunchier by increasing the first three controls, or you can get smoother by increasing a gain control and decreasing the treble...the Mark I is an awesome amp.

Hi Tom,
First off, i suggest getting a Thiele 1x12 cab. it will really fill the sound out.
as for changes, here is what i did to mine and im really happy with it.
replaced the c90 speaker with Eminence tonkers, changes some tubes around, v1 is a tungsol gold pin 12ax7, the reverb driver is a NOS 12at7 mullard, the phase inverter is a groove tubes Matched PI 12ax7/ecc83. Groove tube 6l6GE's in the power section.
the other gain stages are regular Tung sols. i added spring style tube retainers for the power tubes, Im not suggestion you do the same but it is a great amp, i only set mine up to suit my tastes. I get a great fender style clean tone and amazing gain tones. you will love this amp for a very log time.
sd

my favourite settings (i have old reissue with C90) are:

for strat with single coil PU's:

volume 1: 9
volume 2: 5
master: 2
treble: 10
bass: 2
middle: 10

for ibanez K7:

volume1: 7
volume2: 5.5
master: 2
treble:10
bass: 1.5
middle: 7

i set presence for both around 10

it depends on what guitar you use and how strong pickups do you have - my K7 has only little higher output than single coils on my strat, but i use less gain because of low H string (i also pull back middle a little, because K7 has thicker sound than strat ).

Look at the users manual (page 6) on the Boogie website. It says something about running a patch cord through the effects loop and using the effects send level knob to increase the gain. 8)

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/Mark1%20Reissue.pdf

Hi All,
I use the jumper in my reissue,
it seems to work for me?
just a short 6" planet waves and i get the extra drive.
just watch, extreme settings seem to add some extra noise.

Back