new LSS just freakin' rocks with single coils even at 5 watt

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifivic

Reaction score
Geez, with the drive set at 11 and the gain at 1 with the master at 10 with the thicker setting, my R-4 Les Paul (P-90's) just smokes in the middle setting ..............
(neck volume at 4 and neck tone at 0 and bridge volume and tone wide open) AND THIS IS ONLY AT THE 5WATT SETTING! Nocaster also smokes at all power settings. Both these great guitars also sound exemplary in the clean channel..........I've owned a LSS twice before but could never get what I was looking for with humbuckers............this is truly a marvelous toneful amplifier that exhibits a very elastic feeling especially with single coils!

IMG_0555.jpg

Cool! Wish I could hear it! That goldtop sure is pretty! Goes well with the LSS. There's a used one here in austin but i have no more money :(
---I did just pick up my first goldltop (a classic) off ebay, came in today. been playing for hours on my LSS 4x10...my fingers are aching...

I love R4s. The combination of mahogany/maple, P-90s and a wrap bridge can't be beat! It's got to sound incredible through that amp!

It's good to see someone who isn't afraid to use their guitar's volume and tone controls. That's imperative to good tone.

I am search for a new guitar that will play rock through my LSS. Will a single coil Les Paul do this. I tried one and it was very clean and low output. It had $7,00 on it so I did not try it out properly but I see some on ebay for $2,500

Leroy the Massochist said:
I am search for a new guitar that will play rock through my LSS. Will a single coil Les Paul do this. I tried one and it was very clean and low output. It had $7,00 on it so I did not try it out properly but I see some on ebay for $2,500

You can buy a NEW R-4 from Willcutts...(ask for Eric 859-276-0675) for about $2600.00 and YES it WILL rock big time.........very high output also!! When you think about an R-4 Les Paul, think early Steve Miller Band sound.

Back