NEW HERE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRS1

Reaction score
BEEN FOLLOWING THIS BOARD FOR ABOUT A YEAR, & JUST THOUGHT I'D SAY HI TO EVERYONE. YOU HAVE A GOOD THING GOING HERE, IT'S FRIENDLY, & THERE'S SOME VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE HERE. I'M ON MY THIRD MK BOOGIE,& MY SECOND MK1V, & WOULDN'T PLAY ANYTHING ELSE, APART FROM THE OCCASIONAL BLAST THRO MY 64 AC30. FOR ME, THE MK1V IS THE BEST BOOGIE. THE ONE THING THAT STANDS OUT WITH BOOGIE HERE IN THE UK, IS THE PRICE DIFFERENCE TO THAT IN THE USA, I WAS QUOTED £350 FOR A MK1V HEADSHELL ! THAT'S AROUND $700 US. BUT THEN WE GET DUMPED ON BIG TIME WITH MOST THINGS HERE. I DARE SAY I'M A BIT OF AN OLD FART AT 57, COMPARED TO MOST ON THIS BOARD, BUT I STILL LOVE GOOD GEAR,& STILL GIG ON A REGULAR BASIS, AND BOOGIE IS THE BEST. THIS IS A GREAT BOARD, & I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

Welcome!

Nice to hear you're happy with your boogie's!

One request though: Could you turn the caps lock off? It reads easier for us that way. :)

Seven sixteenths of one inch:
keyboard4.jpg

Welcome! Mark IVs rule.

thanks for the welcome, & i've glued the caps lock in place, it's cos i'm to blind to see the small print !! [/img]

PRS1 said:
thanks for the welcome, & i've glued the caps lock in place, it's cos i'm to blind to see the small print !! [/img]

Ban him!:lol: Nah just joking, welcome aboard :D

Welcome to the neighborhood !

I'm envious of your 64 Vox. I have a AC30CC1 and love it...almost as much as my Boogies :wink:

thanks tuna141
i've got two 64 ac30 combos, one top boost, & the other not. guitar, good lead, & straight into the amp, brilliant, & so loud & full of tone, they also weigh a ton !!!

I was concerned that I might be oldest here at 44. Everyone I play with is in their twenties. Since I'm just an overgrown kid, we get along great and age isn't an issue. I'm usually the one wanting to get the sound louder and more aggressive. :roll:

think i've out gunned you on the age front then !! but who cares, age dosen't matter to me, i still like to rip, rock & blues is my thing.

Welcome to the Boogie Board ! It was strange looking thru the top of my glasses and being able to read your post . :)

beer.gif

This pint's for you .

At 44 you aint close to the oldest.I'm sure I aint the only one in the over 50 club here.

Welcome to the Board. :D

Glad to hear you dig the Marks. I bet that AC30 rips.

PRS1 said:
I DARE SAY I'M A BIT OF AN OLD FART AT 57, COMPARED TO MOST ON THIS BOARD, BUT I STILL LOVE GOOD GEAR,& STILL GIG ON A REGULAR BASIS, AND BOOGIE IS THE BEST. THIS IS A GREAT BOARD, & I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

Yeah I hear you I’m only 25 myself. The problem is on my last birthday I celebrated the 17th anniversary of my 25th birthday. :shock: But you’re not so much old. You are a seasoned player with more experience on different phases of gear through the years than most of us!

thanks 6l6c, you are much to kind, and also russ, thanks.
maybe you can help !
i have a short head mk1v, & i use a thiel, with evm l2l, and a 1x12 half back with a vintage 30. i find the v30 to have way to much in the mids, so i wanted to get another evm to replace that, but there not exactly plentifull in the uk. i've heard that the eminence delta pro 12 is along the lines of the evm, any experience of this speaker, or any suggestions for a replacement that's known to work with the mk1v ? the thiel is brilliant.
thanks in advance.
how do you get these emoticons in the text ?

Latest posts

Back