New guy on the block with a couple of questions ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itsik

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I new to this forum and have a couple of questions, please bare with me.

I've got what I believe to be a Mark IIB. I will be calling MB to verify it is indeed a IIB and not a IIA.
Any way, as I live in Israel, there is no way for me to send the amp to MB for any work.

I would like to retube the amp and from what I've read, I need 4 boogie STR415's but they are not availble on the website. Can you recommend a replacement ?

I also read about the effect loop mod that also improves the lead sound as well as the reverb. Is there any way to get the schematics of this mod so I could do it here?

Finally, are there any other mods you could recommend that would make the amp better then it is?

thnx in advance

Itsik.

While you have Mesa on the phone ask them what tubes they recomend to get you close to the 415's.I dont use Mesa tubes but their tubes are graded to match their amps,so they will steer you in the right direction.Once you find out exactly which MkII you have maybe Boogiebabies can help you out with mod suggestions,he's the resident MKII expert around here.

thnx for the answers guys.

I've spoken to MB and it turnes out I've got a Mark IIa.
They recommended the STR440 but said any good 6L6 will do.

They said the effect loop mod can be done to the amp but they can't distribute the information.

Guys it's really impossible to send the amp to them and then back because it'll cost me twice the price of the amp.
Can any one tell me where can I find the guy you've metioned, Boogiebabies, or any body else that could provide me with the schematics and details of this mod ???

thnx in advance

Itsik.

One more question guys.

This "Fetron" device, is it worth replacing it with a tube? and if yes, any recommendation?

thnx
Itsik

You may want to ask Boogiebabies via PM. He really knows his Marks. I think I read a post of his saying that the fetron sucked and how to change it out with a 12ax7.

Back