new Express 5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine for almost a month and I'm still happy.

After many years of using vintage Fender amps it's been a learning experience.

I'm finding new sounds every time I play it.

I really dug the 5:50. It seems they came very close to keeping that excellent F-series clean and tight dirty channel, but added switchable clean-pushed and burn. And I thought the adjustable Contour was also an excellent idea. I would have bought one last Friday afternoon, except playing an F-50 immediately after the Express it seemed the older F-50 had everything I was looking for, for less money. I will admit to also being a bit anxious about buying the first run of any new amp, even a Mesa Boogie. :oops:

Have had my Express 5:25 for about a month.

Am as happy as you guys in class A, half as happy in class a/b. :wink:

Seriously great amp!

Mullenski said:
Have had my Express 5:25 for about a month.

Am as happy as you guys in class A, half as happy in class a/b. :wink:

Seriously great amp!

Exactly, I'm thinking of selling because I want the Class A tone in 25W mode. It's a real shame IMHO.

Congrats. I have had mine for about 10 months and love it more every time I play. This is a really great versatile amp which can give you almost any sound you want. I think that the people complaining about the lack of gain in these things have either not tried it out, do not know how to properly dial in an amp or just need as much gain as possible to cover up there lack of skill. IMO.

Back