New EV-12L Black Label

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless Rocks

Reaction score
Hey anybody tried the 12L Black Label yet endorsed by ZW? I have both the series II 200watt, and proline 300watt versions and the proline is my fave by far. Just wondering what the jury would say before I order one up.

That's what I thought I would hear. Hope Mesa will resume using the 12L now that EV has the "classic" version back in production. Location in PM. Thanks for the good info and always enjoy reading your intelligent responses Boogiebabies.

Hey Sludgenutz, I'm hoping this will make sense, it is sort of looser sounding whereas the series II's seem a little harder or maybe even tighter. The pl also seems just a bit more sensitive to a higher presence setting, making it a little easier to get a bit more "sizzle", when you want it that is. I have three series II's and only one proline and they are several years old. Very well broken in. I use the proline in an open back 1x12 for smaller stages, rehearsal etc. and it sounds just huge when you push it a little. It somehow gets the sound out so that it doesn't have that small, no bottom combo vibe. I also have one of the original 1982 EVM series II's. I has the rough paper pattern on the cone (the Black Shadow versions have a smooth cone.) It reminds me more of the proline.

Back