New ESP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
IMAG0101.jpg

8)

looks like a 24 fret, neck thru, 3way, string thru (nice!!), with the seymour duncans (prolly 59 and jb?)....i'm sorry, it's just that my first guitar was an ltd that looks almost identical to that in features. i bet it sounds sick. the only thing i don't like about esp's are the necks. they're too skinny for me. everything else is A+++.

It has a JB/59 set in there. I'm normally not crazy about those pickups, but they sound really good in this guitar. They're not quite as hot as EMG's, but still fairly high output. I do however have an EMG 81/89 set that I'm thinking about throwing in.

I just can't get over how awesome this thing is. I've owned several high end Gibsons and Paul Reed Smiths, and this Japanese $1,600 production model guitar is just as good if not better than any $2,000+ American guitar I've ever played. I was thinking about picking up another Les Paul in the near future, but I think I'm just going to snag a Caparison. I'm sad that PRS, Gibson, and Fender aren't what they used to be...but at least you can still get great guitars without breaking the bank.

that is a sweet review. :D . like i said, if i ever get into thin necks, there will be an esp at my bedside. i must say that my first guitar (LTD), for the price, kills most guitars in its subsequent price range.

Only some models have thin necks. The Vipers and a lot of the signature models have pretty beefy necks. :)

I have an Ibanez JS 6000, also made in Japan and I have the same feeling. When I play a Les Paul that's pretty cool, but I can't say it's better than my Ibanez JS.

Nitrobattery said:
It has a JB/59 set in there. I'm normally not crazy about those pickups, but they sound really good in this guitar. They're not quite as hot as EMG's, but still fairly high output. I do however have an EMG 81/89 set that I'm thinking about throwing in.

I just can't get over how awesome this thing is. I've owned several high end Gibsons and Paul Reed Smiths, and this Japanese $1,600 production model guitar is just as good if not better than any $2,000+ American guitar I've ever played. I was thinking about picking up another Les Paul in the near future, but I think I'm just going to snag a Caparison. I'm sad that PRS, Gibson, and Fender aren't what they used to be...but at least you can still get great guitars without breaking the bank.

Cheers!

I just entered the ESP family with an eclipse II standard, I just wanted to say that I agree with the best quality/price comparison! im hooked now, and I plan to buy another one ASAP!

Congrats on the buy!

I am sorry, I was just checking out your ENGL and the Mesa 4x12. My eyes went right past the ESP. Sweet rig man.

I think that ESP looks great anod probably sounds it too. I would leave the passive pickups in it. You will get more of an organic tone and actually hear the guitar instead of the straight EMG tone...

I almost forgot to mention that the quilted top is beautiful on that guitar.

I just entered the ESP family with an eclipse II standard

Congrats! I had a Eclipse II VTB for a while. It's a cool guitar.

IMAG0008.jpg

The ENGL is a monster, it has the tightest low end I've ever heard. That paired with the Boogie cab is like heaven for the ears :)

While I do like the Duncans in the ESP, I'm definitely throwing the EMG's in. They just suit the type of music I play.

Latest posts

Back