New Dual Recto vs Used Triple Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothenburg

Reaction score
$1950 USD for a Dual Rectifier Halfstack. Listed on Ebay. Custom Zinc Colored Tolex. Keep in mind I will have to pay about $150USD for shipping and 13% taxes on it.

Thanks Guys/Girls!

Just my opinion but seems just a bit steep. 4x12 cabs can be had for under $500 used ( I have seen them at $400 even) and a used head is worth maybe $1200-$1300. Once you add shipping you are at $2100. Don't get me wrong, its not horrible but I would buy a new head for $1600 and shop a used cab for that price.

I haven't paid more than a G for any of my duals... You just have to be patient and look around.

IMO - Get a Marshall 4X12 - way cheaper.

But that's just me.

You guys are missing the point! It is zinc tolex, not the standard black taurus! Wait... color means very little. Yeah buy something else...

If the custom option in tolex means a lot to you, it's not a bad deal...are you in the US? If so, I think you could do a little better. If you're out of the states, it's a steal :wink:

forgot to mention that it is brand new with the 5 year warranty on it. also i live in canada so after taxes, shipping, currency conversion i am looking at $2500 CDN.

ironically a triple rectifier halfstack has been put up for sale in winnipeg with slip covers/pedal etc for $2500. obviously it is used. it is standard colours but has black knobs :p honestly dont care about colour.

to make the decision even harder is that my band made it onto warped tour and we are leaving on tuesday. i wont be able to ship the zinc tolex dual to me in time but i will be able to get the triple recto if required BUT i was looking for a dual rectifier originally.

ive got a problem. need some advice!!!

Some say the Triples are a little darker. I've noticed that they are definately bassier. I'd say the Warped tour would definitely be a place you could get the full potential out of the Triple.

I do like the older 2ch Triples, so if it's a choice between a 3ch DR and a 2 ch TR, personally I'd take the 2 ch TR.

Let us know.

which band are you? I will check you out when i go here in VA/MD area. Also you cant go wrong with either, but i to much prefer the 2 channel version.

gothenburg said:
forgot to mention that it is brand new with the 5 year warranty on it. also i live in canada so after taxes, shipping, currency conversion i am looking at $2500 CDN.

ironically a triple rectifier halfstack has been put up for sale in winnipeg with slip covers/pedal etc for $2500. obviously it is used. it is standard colours but has black knobs :p honestly dont care about colour.

to make the decision even harder is that my band made it onto warped tour and we are leaving on tuesday. i wont be able to ship the zinc tolex dual to me in time but i will be able to get the triple recto if required BUT i was looking for a dual rectifier originally.

ive got a problem. need some advice!!!

we are black rose for broken hearts

www.myspace.com/blackroseforbrokenhearts

we are only playing the calgary show though.

anyways back to the conversation at hand. one of the big advantages of the dual is the ability to pull tubes. although we play a fair number of gigs (1 every three weeks) i am worried about practices down in my buddies basement. also the triple is a 3 channel model that is the 'gothic' version hahahaha. all black hardware :S. yes it was a selling point in the guys add. i would probably be very tempted to swap the triple for a dual but that will probably cost money. i donno. very tough call. i will see if he still has the triple by the time i get back to winnipeg and if it is in good condition i will need to make a call.

It is nice to pull tubes, also since the zinc is new, nice having the 5 year warrenty.

how old is the triple? Which cabs do they come with?

What are you playing through now?

the triple is 1.5 years old. bought in feb of '06.

both are recto cabs.

i am currently playing out of a randall rg100sc amplifier with boss metal zone distortion.

You sure the zinc recto is a dual on ebay? I see a zinc color one that is a single.

I ment with cabinets, do they come with standard (over sized) or traditional (normal size)

gothenburg said:
the triple is 1.5 years old. bought in feb of '06.

both are recto cabs.

i am currently playing out of a randall rg100sc amplifier with boss metal zone distortion.

it was on ebay. time expired on it and nobody bidded on it.

both are standard recto cabinets.

Latest posts

Back