New DR clips with JJEL34L (updated)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here they are:

All settings 'clockface' in nature
Tube Rectifier
Bold Variac

Channel 2: Vintage
Presence: 11 - 11:30
Volume: 11:00
Gain: 1-1:30
Bass: 5:00 (almost maxed)
Mid: 11:00
Treble: 2:30

Channel 3: Modern
Presence: 1-1:30
Volume: 11:00
Gain: 3:00
Bass: 5:00 (almost maxed)
Mid: 12:00
Treble: 3:00

There are all my secrets :)

Here's a new song I'm working on called 'No Fidelity'

DR in Modern with settings above plus electro-harmonix deluxe memory man pdeal set for vibratto, delay and echo.

The full version is much cooler but here's a sneak peak. I plan on recording the full thing soon.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/nofidelity.avi

Platypus said:
Here's a new song I'm working on called 'No Fidelity'

DR in Modern with settings above plus electro-harmonix deluxe memory man pdeal set for vibratto, delay and echo.

The full version is much cooler but here's a sneak peak. I plan on recording the full thing soon.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/nofidelity.avi

DUUUDE! I really like it! I can't wait to here the whole thing. :D

:oops: thanks guys, been busy as hell with work lately (I hate computers :p ). Hopefully soon.

Hey Platypus, I have been checking into the electro-harmonix deluxe memory man pedal and was just wondering what your take on it is? I really like the kinda sound you have going in that clip, i was just wondering. What is your take on the chorus on it? And the pedal as a whole?

JamesD said:
Hey Platypus, I have been checking into the electro-harmonix deluxe memory man pedal and was just wondering what your take on it is? I really like the kinda sound you have going in that clip, i was just wondering. What is your take on the chorus on it? And the pedal as a whole?

The pedal is great, one of the best analog delays I've heard. Considering they're almost out of the chips used to make this and it's going to be going away in less than a year, even if you dont like it you can make more than you paid off of it since it will be very rare.

The pedal is built like a tank but each one I played was different so play a few if you can. The pedal itself has good construction, can get very LOUD with the volume knob and has very sensitive controls. The chorus alone is very lush and full all the way to very metallic depending on how you have it set. Add a bit of delay and you can get some pretty crazy effects. The pitch also gets adjusted as you turn the knobs so you can make some really outer space type sounds with it. The echo can be downright haunting if set right.

If I were you, I'd get one. It totally replaced my Boss DD-3; if I didn't want to run two delays at some point I'd probably sell the DD-3 in a heartbeat. Word of advice though, the amount of sounds you can get out of this is so limitless that you'll want to keep a pad of paper near you to document all the different sounds.

Thanks..That is all i needed to hear to make up my mind. I will be putting an order in tomorrow and this will be on it :) I am looking for something that i can find some crazy stuff with, along with the more norm sounds.

JamesD said:
Thanks..That is all i needed to hear to make up my mind. I will be putting an order in tomorrow and this will be on it :) I am looking for something that i can find some crazy stuff with, along with the more norm sounds.

This is def. your ticket then. I was creating insane feedback loops with my Dual Rec with it. You can also get some awesome Fripp esque tones with it with a very low guitar volume..

ex: hitting a note with your volume off, then slowly rolling it on to about 2.. it will carry that note and then you turn off your volume again and do the next one and roll it on too. Doing this you can connect crazy note combinations and their 'decay' will meld into a combined sound so if you stack some cool notes you can get tons of beautiful ethereal tones or very dissonant heavy tones! Also, it has a direct out so you can go into another pedal. When I get some time I'm going to try stacking two delays together for some crazy effects.

Awesome..Everything about it sounds great. I am excited to place my order :) Probably get next day shipping just so i can play with it~!

Well, my memory man arrived just about 30 minutes ago, and it is everything you said it was platypus. I couldn't be happier and i have just begun to find settings. Already found 1 that fits a song that ive been looking to find the right effect and this is it. It is totally up to you, but do you mind sharing the setting you had it for your clip? Thanks again for the clip and recommendation!

Sweet! Glad it's what you hoped it would be. 8)

When I get off work I'll post my settings for you for that clip.

It is what i wanted and then some, i couldn't be happier. Thanks again, and can't wait try more settings!

Gah, sorry I forgot to get those settings.

Posting here to remind myself to post them after work.

i like it but at the same time all the clips seem a bit buzzy anf fizzy... like theres noise aroudn each note if that makes sense???

ut i guess u gotta LOVE the recto tone...

i didnt get that feeling with the roadster it was like they have taken the buzzness out and left wht is there...

alan_tre said:
i like it but at the same time all the clips seem a bit buzzy anf fizzy... like theres noise aroudn each note if that makes sense???

ut i guess u gotta LOVE the recto tone...

i didnt get that feeling with the roadster it was like they have taken the buzzness out and left wht is there...

That's entirely the fault of the recording process unfortunately, I'm using a shoddy digital cam and the mic tops out very easily.. especially when it's 2 feet from a cranked tube amp :p

And the roadster that I played sounds exactly the same as any Dual Rec I've played.

Ok here are the MM settings, sorry for the delay.

Settings are clock face notation

Vibratto switch
Level: 9:00 (match to amp)
Blend: 7:00
Feedback 11:00 (careful not to go right to 11 or much higher)
Delay: 10:00 (sounds good at 9 too, a bit slow though)
Chorus/Vibratto: 9:00

no worries on the delay. Thanks again for the settings, i will for sure play with them friday at practice.

http://platypus.memoryfire.com/drink.avi
http://platypus.memoryfire.com/plush.avi

New clips with new 58 Les Paul Custom Historic!

Latest posts

Back