New custom DC3 Headshell Is Complete!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickyrick

Reaction score
Whats up everyone, I have not posted in a while and I thought I would share. I just recently purchased a DC3 head from a forum member and fell instantly in lust with it. It has the sound that I couldn't get out of my MKIV without straying too far from the mark sound. Anyway, I liked it so much that I decided to give it a new home. I just finished building it last night, I am starting the finish today. Hand rubbed french polish. I am installing a brown footmans leather handle and a wicker grill. I will update when complete. For now enjoy.
th_100_3467.jpg

th_100_3489.jpg

th_100_3497.jpg

th_100_3490.jpg

th_100_3488.jpg

The wood is Brazilian Cherry. Also the Old headshell with be for sale if anyone is interested.

dodger916 said:
Great job! Please show us the finished product.

Do you plan or making any for resale?

I will consider custom building shells, but they won't be cheap. It depends on the lumber used. I just applied the first coat to my shell and it very much looks like the Imbuya Mesa uses. It seems a little denser. I am getting the hardware tomorrow, I have 3 more coats to apply and then I will rub it out. It should be in my studio by Sunday. I will take pictures then.

Coool looking shell!! It should be pretty awesome when done...cherry finishes so nice for stuff like this! :mrgreen:

I've got 2 coats of finish on and it looks really, really nice. It has darkened up a lot. I wrapped all 4 sides so the grain will flow and it really pops right now. I can't wait to see what it's like after I rub it out. I have also installed the wicker cane on the front grill panel. I clamped it all the way around and will let the wicker dry overnight. It should shrink a bit and take form. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Makes my tolex look like poo. Great job! Wish I had the equipment to dovetail and such. Oh well...........tolex it is!!!!

Latest posts

Back