New chassis for Mark III longhead?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyze

Reaction score
I have been interested in Mesa's lately for some reason, and I wanna try to keep it in Canada (would hate to pay the shipping/customs to get something across the boarder)..

I have a stack of custom made cabs, a vertical 2x12 and a 1x12 in blue with white grill, and they are great, I love them. Only issue obviously, is that with a normal head, I cant put a long head ontop of it for sake of looking really bad / being unstable. This cancels out most amps that I considered getting, unless I turn my 2x12 on its side and use it as a normal 2x12, but ehh..

So, a short Mark head would be perfect. Unfortunately, the two I found locally in my pricerange, are both Mark III longheads. One of them I may be able to get quite cheap with a trade of some of my gear also, so its a hard decision..

Is there any way I could put a longhead unit into a new shorter chassis? I was thinking of getting a new one anyway, due to trying to match tolex/grill to my cabs, that would be great.. but from my assumption, the inside dimensions of a longhead are larger than what can fit into a shorthead?

Latest posts

Back