new case for mark IIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deaconschwaz

Reaction score
So I have a mark IIc+. Stoked. But it's a little beat up looking. So I'm considering dressing it up a little, however I thought I might see if anyone had an opinion about this. First of all I kind of like the idea of it being an absolute beast, that doesn't look like a beauty, and second I have a hard time justifying the cost of a new shell from boogie. So here's where it gets interesting... I am an accomplished woodworker as my day job. I have access and experience working with exotic woods, and am comfortable with joinery and finishing methods. So does anyone have an opinion about what the potential change in value would be if I made the new case myself and swapped out the guts? I of course would keep the original so I could always swap it back in. Has anyone ever put their amp in a case not made by boogie? It seems like it at least couldn't hurt as long as I could always put it back to stock. For the record I would probably put it in a walnut case, perhaps quilted peruvian walnut which has a deeper reflective quality and a darker color. The grill is something I could have made out of almost any kind of acoustically transparent material. Anybody think I should do it?

So I've decided to do it. Gonna make the case with ribbon Kaya, and am ordering a custom metal grill for the front. Will post pictures when it's done!
:p

Back