New Cabinet and Speaker day with my Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricTurkey4369

Reaction score
A couple months ago I started considering selling my 2x12 rectifier cabinet. Long story short, I sold it and bought a Port City 2x12 and put some WGS retro 30s in it.

Oh My God :mrgreen:

My roadster sounds amazing, The Port City sounds huge for a 2x12, and is ALOT tighter than the recto 2x12. The PC seems to "breathe" more and sounds much more three-dimensional and HEAVY! Chords cut through like crazy with this punch to your chest. The WGS speakers are amazing too. Brand new and they sound better than the V30s i had in my recto 212, much more articulate and dynamic. Definitley alot more balanced than the V30s.

In comparison, the Mesa 2x12 sounded stiff, congested, scooped, fizzy, boomy, woofy, I will never own one again!!!

I spent a loooooong time in a high end music shop (Corner Music in Nashville) trying out a Port City 2X12 cab (the regular one not the OS) and gotta tell you, for the size and portability of that thing, it's hard to beat. I almost pulled the trigger on it, but I didn't because I wanted V-30s loaded in it. I recently contacted PC through their website and asked how much a tan jute grill would be for the speaker grill (just like the Orange amps come standard with) and it's only a $50 up charge...so I may be getting one soon for a smaller set up. They really do sound amazing. Very full and broad or wide sounding. The word balanced comes to mid with all the frequencies.

I never tried it with a Dual Rec style amp though, it's good to know such a small cab can handle all that low end and gain. That makes me want one even more! :mrgreen:
Gratz bro!

p.s. agreed about the Mesa 2X12. I never really liked mine when I owned one. I think it needs some Dayquil to remove the congestion...or maybe some Nasonex? :lol:

I'm considering buying a 2X12 cabinet (my 4X12 kills me) for a more light rig. Maybe that's a good option. Thank you for the information!

boss4 said:
I'm considering buying a 2X12 cabinet (my 4X12 kills me) for a more light rig. Maybe that's a good option. Thank you for the information!

They are pretty light too. Unloaded its only like 30lbs! I definitley recommend These cabs.

Back