New Amp Day !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I posted an inquiry thread but realized I didn't do a proper NAD!

Been out of the mesa family for about 7 months so happy to be back in

I've wanted one of these since I was 17. Just as epic as I remember. Had one full band practice so far, sounds amazing just plug in play I'm excited to get tweaking some more. I've had a mark III, mark V, express 5:50+ and the only recto I've owned before was the rectoverb 50. I gotta say the roadster destroys the rectoverb

Here's some pics styled on all 3 of my cabs lol
B27-F954-F-6-F45-4-D02-A727-1692-AAEE668-A.jpg

E854-FF2-F-5066-41-C5-B592-849-C224-C1-AF3.jpg

2f23228c-95e4-41cd-96ba-e200e98f0057-jpeg.4551

Congrabs! I am GASsing hard for a Roadster lately but can't tell if I want a Roadster or the latest Multiwatt Dual Recto. I really like 4 channels and Reverb.

I've just stumbled back on this board after absence for years!
Hope you're still having fun with your rig @spawnofthesith !
Funny enough, I've always wanted a Roadster as well. Just recently I was blessed with a Rectoverb 50 and Single Solo 50 (had one years ago). Both sound absolutely amazing boosted with my Boss SD-1 through my Soldano V30 cab. The Rectoverb is definitely darker, more compressed in that it really quenches the craving for the Roadster. The Single Solo 50 is more open, raw and furious. Enough of a difference to feel like it's two different amps IMHO. Vintage mode on both for me. Fantastic sparkling BF style cleans on both amps. It certainly feels good to be back in the Boogie camp!

I've just stumbled back on this board after absence for years!
Hope you're still having fun with your rig @spawnofthesith !
Funny enough, I've always wanted a Roadster as well. Just recently I was blessed with a Rectoverb 50 and Single Solo 50 (had one years ago). Both sound absolutely amazing boosted with my Boss SD-1 through my Soldano V30 cab. The Rectoverb is definitely darker, more compressed in that it really quenches the craving for the Roadster. The Single Solo 50 is more open, raw and furious. Enough of a difference to feel like it's two different amps IMHO. Vintage mode on both for me. Fantastic sparkling BF style cleans on both amps. It certainly feels good to be back in the Boogie camp!

Agreed, I love mesas so much haha. I had a rectoverb 50 combo for a bit as well

I am using an SD-1 for boosting as well with the roadster. Crushing!

Agreed, I love mesas so much haha. I had a rectoverb 50 combo for a bit as well

I am using an SD-1 for boosting as well with the roadster. Crushing!

Ditto! After having played my Marshalls for awhile then coming back to playing Boogies, it's a whole other world. Absolutely monstrous.

I think the Boss SD-1 is still underrated for Rectifiers. Glad to see like-minded players out here! 🤟

Chiming in for the Roadster Lovefest! Mine's a Roadster 2 x 12 combo. What a brawler! The Bareknuckle Warpigs push the Roadster nicely. Haven't even tried a boost yet. What settings do you use on the SD-1?

@spawnofthesith - That's some heavy lifting. Now a photo of the Roadster on top of a full stack please ;)

Chiming in for the Roadster Lovefest! Mine's a Roadster 2 x 12 combo. What a brawler! The Bareknuckle Warpigs push the Roadster nicely. Haven't even tried a boost yet. What settings do you use on the SD-1?

@spawnofthesith - That's some heavy lifting. Now a photo of the Roadster on top of a full stack please ;)

Haha if I ever have both my 4x12s in the same room I will for sure

Pretty basic settiongs on my SD-1, level all the way up, gain almost off but on just a few clicks, and tone around 1 o clock

Back