New boogie user help with gt6 dual rect loop!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rukas

Reaction score
Hiyas was wondering if anyone uses a Gt6\8 with their dual rectifier??
i keep getting a harmonic kinda whalling noise from the tubes when i try and run the loop with the 4 cable method.. can anyone help me take me thru it step by step as im at the end of my rope.. there is alot about loops but not about how to link it..

help appreciated cherrs
Tim

Not to familiar with the FX unit/setup you are running but it may have something to do with the Parallel fx loop? Even setting the mix all the way up is only 90%. I ended getting my FX loop modded to serial/series and it made the amp more FX friendly.

That's my thoughts on why you are getting wierd sounds.

I use a GT-8 with my Rectoverb using the 4 cable method. This is how I have it set up:

Guitar into Input
GT-8 effects send into Recto Guitar input
GT-8 effects return into Recto Fx Send
GT-8 L mono out into Recto Fx-Return

Make sure the effects loop is at 100% (or max). Also, turn off any effects on the GT-6 (at first) to make sure you're not clipping (I get a wierd warbling sound if my effects levels are too high).

SneakyPete said:
Make sure the effects loop is at 100% (or max). Also, turn off any effects on the GT-6 (at first) to make sure you're not clipping (I get a wierd warbling sound if my effects levels are too high).

Yep. I always have the fx loop enabled and also max out my FX MIX on the Recto in order to prevent this phase like sound I get when using my G System. This seems to be one of the "drawbacks" to the parallel FX loop setup.

rukas said:
Hiyas was wondering if anyone uses a Gt6\8 with their dual rectifier??
i keep getting a harmonic kinda whalling noise from the tubes when i try and run the loop with the 4 cable method.. can anyone help me take me thru it step by step as im at the end of my rope.. there is alot about loops but not about how to link it..

help appreciated cherrs
Tim

Quick question, what are effects are you using?

But l find the Dual Rec effects loop useless, it adds unwanted color.

Riddick.

got it all hooked up but wat aboutr the send mix on the amp???... and are there any special lines etc im supposed to run from the gt6?

and how can u use the distortion channels from the mesa with eq comp etc from the gt6 .. the loop only works in clean for me... ??

i know real noob but u gotta ask .. =D ta guys

rukas said:
got it all hooked up but wat aboutr the send mix on the amp???... and are there any special lines etc im supposed to run from the gt6?

and how can u use the distortion channels from the mesa with eq comp etc from the gt6 .. the loop only works in clean for me... ??

i know real noob but u gotta ask .. =D ta guys

You sure the Effets loop knob isn't set to channel 1? if it is, then you are only gonna get effects through channel 1 (clean channel). Effect's like Compression, eq, distortion are better to be put through the front of the amp anyway.

Riddick.

so does that mean im best off just aboandoning the idear and go back to the nomal 2 cable method??

the problem is that both are cranked the footswitch is set to on and the loop is set on .. .you change channels from 1 to 2 or 3 and in channel 2 and 3 there is no distorted tone just a certain hum... any suggestions.?? just want the gt6 for compression & gain boost to the dist channels etc wanna use the amp for my distortion

The four cable method puts the distortion effects in front of the amp. I would just check the levels on th Boss and mesas FX. Other than that make sure the wires are hooked up right. If it doesnt sound good just use it in the loop and use the amps wonderful gain to do the work. Can you move effects around in the chain of the GT6?

there's a BOSS forum just like this one. it's probably better suited to some of your technical boos questions. i don't have the link right now, but a google search will give it to you. good luck

Thanks for the help guys.. ive been to the boss site previously and it was little help ive received more info here in 6 posts that i could get from the GT fourms ...

so what ive done now is run the old skool 2 cable method with 4 blank patches on the gt6. The chained up the Limiter and compressors etc that i want/require then running the distortion channel from the MESA using the EQ noise gate etc from the patch on the gt6.. For anyone looking for a nice hi gain metal distortion i suggest this method as the gain control for the Boogie goes nuts.. ive never had sustain and clarity quite like it..

My rig is simple now..
ESP Elcipse w/EMG 85's
Mesa Dual Rec
Gt6
2x Marshall 1960 cabs
Sonic maximiser (in loop sometimes)

Please also keep in mind that the GT6 does not have a hard bypass. Using it this way WILL colour your tone.

I noticed that you said the effects loop cououred the sound as well, so you may find it to be a toss-upj between the 2. Many people have used the 4-cable method, but this uses the POWER section of your amp.

You may want to look into using your GT6/8 in MANUAL mode in addition to the options you may have looked at before.

rukas said:
Thanks for the help guys.. ive been to the boss site previously and it was little help ive received more info here in 6 posts that i could get from the GT fourms ...

I find it hard to believe that the Boss GT forums were of little help. there is over 4 years of posts and information which are searchable by keywords. How much time did you spend digging through information?

Back